Community post

Discussion

Little #5

It feels weird to say we're ttc our 5th baby, but that's what we're doing this month, I guess. Our first two kids were completely unplanned, the next two, we just said, let's have a baby and they happened.

But it's been different since our last one, who turned 5 in April. I haven't been on birth control since before I got pregnant with her and we don't use protection. I've had 2 or 3 CPs since she's been born (I got positives with 2 and suspect one or two more).

We've always talked about a big family, and lately we've both had baby fever (which is weird for my husband).

This is our first week actively trying - something we've never done before. I don't know how he'll feel if it doesn't happen this time, but I'm kinda hoping it doesn't, but that we can keep trying. So, I'm a little on edge.

Tomorrow is my last day in town for a few days, then I have until the 16th to see if AF shows up or not. I know vacay will take up some of my brain power, but I'm going to need some strong vibes for the rest of those days.

How do you keep it out of your mind?

Momma to 4 on Earth and 3 in Heaven. TTC Jan. 2019

2 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi. I also did not have to think about conceiving my first four. Maybe the beauty of being in my 20's lol. My fifth took three years and was born april 2016. Can't believe he's already nearly 2 and we've also both got baby fever again. Hoping to be able to have one more before I turn 36. If I haven't had another by then (jan 2019) then I will be happy to accept that 5 is it for us. But it would be nice to have one more. I love it so much, pregnancy/labour/newborns/toddlers and I've been so lucky with the amazing kids we have but I also look forward to seeing them all start their own journey into teendom and I may need some energy for that lol

How have you been doing so far? We started ttc in September and we've had a few hopeful moments that never materialised but DH gets so excited its encouraging me.

6 years ago

My first took 3 years and all but #5 were pleasant surprises. #5 took 3 months of active trying after my hubby changed his mind and got a reversal for his vasectomy (which he got while #4 was 2 months old).
We've been on many a journey. Not sure if we'll have more, but I hope we do.
I just went off BC before this cycle so I'm still trying to get back on track with how my body works without the pill. That in itself is a journey. lol
I'm waiting to test (or for AF to show up) on the 18th. 7dpo right now... 7 more days to go.
What are the ages and gender of all your kids, if you don't mind my asking?
I have a 12 yo adopted girl, 10 yo, 8 yo, and 6yo boys, a 5yo girl and a 2 to boy.

NooberGoober

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo