Community post

Discussion

ttc 50+

Hello ladies! I don’t know who else can help me but you. I’m 54, no children. I was never lucky in love. I lived alone and I thought that it’s my destiny. I was wrong! 3 years ago I met my love. I should say that life doesn’t end in 50! It’s only the beginning! I’m so happy now. We love each other and enjoy each moment together. He also have no kids and never been married. It’s like the world gave us second chance! And we want to use it all out! We decided we want to have kids. We are healthy, we run each morning and we are very active. The only problem is I have menopause. Our only chance to have children is ivf with donor egg. There are many clinics, but most of them have age limits. I’m asking for your advice. We want to find professional clinic with normal prices. What should we consider? Do you know some clinics without age limits? I’ll appreciate any help!

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Your story is completely as mine! You’re absolutely right! Life really doesn’t end in 50! It’s only the beginning! It's never too late to become a mother. I know it from my own experience! I gave birth to my daughters when I was 61! During my whole life there was no man to have kids with. I was not really lucky in choosing partners and there were no one whom I wanted to have kids from. So here I am, 58 years old, no kids no family. I thought that it's too late for all these. So I came to terms with the situation and continue my lonely life. But in a couple of months I met my Jorge - the love of my whole life, a man who loved me with his whole heart, a man, whom I gave all my love. All those failures in love were just wiped out and forgotten. Now I have him and nothing else matters. He was 63, he also had no kids. We understood and felt each other from the first meeting. And we've decided that it's time for us to build a family, which we had never had! I have menopause so we were not able to conceive a baby naturally. We didn't back down and decided to try ivf with donor egg. We've found clinic in Ukraine BioTexCom and went there. We became parents of 2 beautiful girls! They are 3 years old and we are the happiest family in the world! The service was good. Their doctors are one of the best. They even helped us with our girls, when they were just born. Jorge and I were confused. We had no kids so we were scared to make something wrong. We didn't want to hurt our little babies. We didn't know how to hold our children and how to swaddle them, but the pediatrician and the coordinator of the program really helped us and showed how to do it right. They gave us recommendations how to treat our babies and we are really grateful about that. I've never regret about my decision. Finally I have big family I was dreaming about. I wish you all the best! Hope you'll become a mother and find your happiness.

6 years ago

Thank you for your response! Your story is breathtaking! I'm so happy for you and your family. You're my inspiration. I hope my journey will also have a happy ending. I hope it's not too late for us. I believe we still have chance to become parents. I've heard about this clinic. There are many reviews in the internet. I have some doubts about Ukrainian medicine… Situation there is not stable. Furthermore there is war now going. I'm not sure it's safe to be there at this period of time. Some ladies on forums say that they had procedure in Ukraine last year and this year too… So I'm really confused. Maybe you'll help me to clarify this? It's better to talk directly to someone, who had an experience there. I hope for your help! I'm new to all this and I have many questions.

I would appreciate, if you clarify some issues for me. We want to find a couple of clinics and go check them. We don't have many options in our age… But still it would be better to find good one, but not go to first available. So we want to learn info about all clinics which can take us and choose the best one. May I ask you a couple of questions? What did you consider in your search of a clinic? What convinced you to choose this Ukrainian clinic? How many attempts of ivf did you have? Which one was successful? You may not answer. I'll understand if it's too personal for you. I hope that's not too much. I will be grateful for any info!

6 years ago • Post starter

I'm glad to know my story inspires people. Honey, of course it's not too late! I understand that you have some concerns. I've also had them. It's a little harder to become parents in our age. Not only it's harder to conceive, but also some people may judge us or say that it's wrong. I know that from my own experience. We should not listen to them! We deserve to be happy, to be mothers. The most important is we have love to give our children. They judge us only because of our age. But what about those young women, who give birth and then throw babies in junks or give them to orphanages or they just don't look after their babies and don't care about them. We are reliable people, we are healthy, we want to have children to love them and to care about them. So don't listen to those who tell you it's wrong or too late. It's your life and your choice.

The clinic has fancy design and modern equipment. Doctors and all staff are professionals. Our program coordinator was very responsive and kind young woman. Speaking about war, it's safe in the capital. As I know the hostilities take place in the east part of the country.

You can ask me whatever you need! I'm always ready to help! I was looking for a clinic very carefully. There are so many fraudsters and you should be very attentive. The main criteria for me were positive reviews, professional doctors and good service. I’ve found a couple of good clinics, 'explored’ each review and each website, where those clinics were mentioned. And of course official websites were learned by heart. So after the discussions, thinking through all pros and cons, we chose BioTexCom. There were other clinics in Ukraine, but not all of them work with foreign patients. So, my husband and I came to the clinic and our doctor told us everything about de ivf procedure. In case of 5 failures, the clinic would refund us our money. I’ve got pregnant from the first attempt! The service was pretty good, they gave us guarantees on success. We were satisfied with everything.

6 years ago

I appreciate your help! I don't know what would've I done without all this info. I was trying to find translator by myself and it confused me even more. It's hard to find some services without knowing language. Some of Ukrainian clinics, which we addressed, don't have translators. Their treatments base on Ukrainian people. I thought it will be impossible for us to find clinic, which will help us, foreign couple. Such a relief, that this clinic helps with these staff. How much did you pay for all those services? As I understood, it goes separately from main package. Did you pay all sum at once? We have this amount of money, so we could pay right away. But still there is some fear inside. Especially after our failed experience… It's hard to believe again. I have so many doubts… I understand that you had no problems with the procedure. I see that you stayed satisfied with everything and had no troubles. But there is always a risk that something may go differently. I want to have some assurance that after giving all money there will be some action from the clinic. Because after receiving cost they may 'relax', because they've got what they want. Then I will be just waiting and waiting. And eventually I'll get one more failure… I'm sorry for these negative thoughts. I know I should stay positive. But after Mexican clinic I can believe to nobody… How long did it take for them to find surrogate mother for you? Did you have opportunity to choose her by yourself? I don't know how I can be sure that sm, which is chosen by clinic, is healthy. Of course there are no guarantees I can choose healthy sm by myself, I know…But what are their criteria? How can you be sure that woman, which will carry your baby, has no diseases?

6 years ago • Post starter

A few friends of mine got pregnant at Invi**ta clinics, but I don't know whether the clinic limits the age. I would recommend visiting ferilityfriends co uk, the international threads or eggdonationfriends com that lists top IVF clinics in the world. Good luck

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo