Community post

Discussion

TTC #4: anyone else?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and will be trying to conceive baby #4 from next cycle (period due 5th August). I don't come across many people trying for number 4 - is there anyone else out there?

I'm a mixture of excited and scared. I had my previous kids at ages 24, 26 and 29, but I'm now 34 and really worried that my fertility will have declined massively since last time.

If is anyone in a similar situation I would love to be cycle buddies. I've been charting for more than a decade, both to conceive and to avoid, and love nothing more than a bit of symptom spotting and squinting at pee sticks!

:)

6 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I'm in the same boat, but we're trying for #5.

I had mine at 19, 21, 23 and 25 and I'm 30 now. My fertility's been rough since #4 was born and I'm both excited for a baby and scared. I'm not keen on the age gap, or "starting over" now that the baby is starting school, but I think Hubby and I are both in the mind set that if it happens it happens, if not, we're happy here and fostering/adopting has always been another option.

Good luck!

Momma to 4 on Earth and 3 in Heaven. TTC Jan. 2019

6 years ago

HI Ladies, ttc#3 only! Been a long thought process. We have 2 beautiful girls and thought we try one last time - maybe we are lucky enough to have a boy (otherwise, I already have a girl name in mind! :-))
DD2 is already 3and half, so it's now or never. I am 31.

I am very excited and been off the pill end April and then went back on end of June (started the middle of packet) (not sure why!) and again off the pill end July. So now I'm waiting for my period so I can start charting!

Good luck ladies and holding thumbs!

6 years ago

Hi!
I've been trying for numer 4 too and have had three unsuccessful attempts:( my period is supposed to come on the 4th and I have total PMS symptoms and all negative tests so far (11 dpo). If I'm not pregnant this cycle I'm going to start charting too.

6 years ago

Hello Liz2411, I am 29 years old am ttc #4 as well and am on CD 31 and all my tests are BFN :(I'm obsessing on POS!!lol. I'm going insane. My period is supposed to be due between Aug 4-5, so i am in the same exact boat. Have you tried any tests yet? I'm going to try again on Friday.

6 years ago

Hi,
I'm trying for #4 too! AF is due to arrive on August 4th. I'm on cycle day 28. This is our 3rd month trying. I'm worried about my fertility too now I just turned 33. I had my first at 20, 2nd at 22 and our 3rd at 30.

6 years ago

I'm in the same boat! Trying to conceive baby number 4, and I'm 33 years old. My youngest is four, so my other pregnancies were all in my 20s! I didn't even have to try to get pregnant then, and so far things are more difficult! I shouldn't complain, because we've only been trying a few months, but the wait is super hard!

This month, I tried ovulation strips for the first time. I finally got a positive on cycle day 20. Here I am, 12 days later, and a handful of pregnancy tests say negative. "Technically" I'm a few days late since I've been having 28-30 day cycles, but I don't know if it counts since I ovulated late?

Any words of wisdom?

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo