Community post

Discussion

April 2018 Babies

View Full Post

Hi all,

Thought I would start an April babies forum for us to chat and support each other through our cycle. All are welcome.

I'm CD #2 on my 15th cycle of TTC #2. Would love to hear everyone's story and current situation/symptoms/etc.

Hoping for lots of BFPs!

250 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 250 Replies | Last Page

Hey girls I don't usually post on here but thought I'd give it a try.
I'm currently 5dpo ttc no.4 and the tww is totally dragging.

I ovulated on 8th and due af 23rd. I plan to test on Tuesday at 10dpo and see what happens. Had a few mild "symptoms" such as mild cramping and pinching on my right side (ovary level) and am very snappy and weepy. Also had some weird heartburn after eating chocolate earlier which I had when pregnant with my son and have been really thirsty today.

I would be due around April 1st if I have conceived.

Hope to see some bfps here soon :)

6 years ago

Hello all

Welcome to all the newbies. And welcome back to some familiar babes.
Today in CD2 - feeling rubbish! Move day tomorrow so it doesn't help I don't stop in the evenings after work. Busy packing up boxes.
OH and I are hoping for a due date next spring/summer/early autumn so now the serious TTC starts. with maternity leave in the summer will give me time off in the school summer break to be with my daughter too. So fingers crossed we can conceive by October. If not we'll be putting if off until the following May.

User Image

6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am a complete newbie to posting... so be gentle!

Unfortunately, I (we) are not newbies to TTCing... this will be cycle 15 or so (really have lost count!). Trying for our second child. I have just turned 40, so nature is kind of against me now.

I am on DPO 5...

Anyone here a cervix checker? Must say during my 15 month TTC journey, I have developed this skill (!?!). So, this is the only really symptom I have this month - soft cervix since ovulation. Maybe a bit of cramping, odd pangs in pelvis. So I am a little hopeful this month.

In more recent months I have stopped OPK and PTs, but if cervix continues to stay soft, I will not be able to resist testing early! Will try to wait to DPO 10!

Baby dust everyone :)

6 years ago

Welcome Emzeaston and Heather_A!

Emzeaston: Exciting that you're in the TWW and feeling some symptoms! Keep us updated once you start testing. Good luck!

Heather: I am also on my 15th cycle of TTC #2. Did you have any trouble TTC your first? Have you seen an OB or RE yet? I have tried checking my cervix but I haven't gotten the hang of it. I can tell when it's high but I can never determine if it's hard/soft or open/closed. Really hope that the soft cervix is a good sign and that this is your month!

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi ElleBeeEm,

We are TTC buddies for sure :)

I didn't have any trouble first time round, but we weren't "trying" per se... just stopped using contraception... and to my surprise got pregnant a couple of months later.

This time there is a goal in mind, right! So when the same thing didnt happen second time around, I realised I knew zip about TTCing! So I slowly learnt about my cycle, CM changes, cervix changes, OPKs etc... gosh I was naïve and lucky first time around!

I have an apt with OB/GYN scheduled, so if no luck this month, will see what they say.

In terms of cervix, it's really useful for knowing when you are ovulating (High, Soft, Open, Wet)... the literature says it can not be relied upon for pregnancy... but in first trimester (at some point) cervix with rise up and become swollen with blood and therefore feel soft.

It is really tricky to identify closed / open - 'specially if One has had a vaginal delivery before! In terms of texture, a guide that really helped me, is :
if it feels like your nose, it's hard
if it feels like your chin, its medium
if it feels like your lips, its soft

6 years ago

Thanks ElleBeeEm,

I had started Metformin a couple months before my BFP (after being diagnosed with PCOS), so we had a little help but no IUI/IVF or anything like that. Luckily, the Metformin seems to be doing wonders to my cycle so hopefully it won't take as long to get pregnant this time, now that we know what the problem is.

Any other PCOSers here? It really is the pits!

6 years ago

Hi guys,

I am 28, 8 dpo today and of course I tested and BFN. :(
I am so ridiculous I know but I will probably test every day ;)
It is our third month trying and this time we used ovulation sticks.
I do not temp, however.
Best of luck to everyone :D

User Image

6 years ago

Sorry to hear about your BFN Anna but it is really early to test. Hopefully you will get a BFP in the coming days.

I had awful abdominal cramping all day today like exactly in my uterus very distinct. I was on a hike today and felt the cramps all day and worse when I was walking. The pain stretched right across my lower abdomen and some pinching to the right side for a while too.

I am 7dpo today and probably not gonna test unless AF is late.

6 years ago

Hiya everyone!

I literally just found this site 2 days ago!!

In Dec 2016 we found out we were expecting spontaneous triplets; this was my first pregnancy and I was 38 so classed as high risk. But sadly I had a miscarriage 3 months ago

Never thought I could get pregnant; so now we are knowingly TTC!!

I've been tracking my BBT for 2 months and decided this month to add using the First Response OPK. In conjunction with the Ovia fertility app I knew my FW this cycle. Got a positive LH surge on Wednesday; from what I understand that meant that ovulation would happen 24-36 hours after the positive surge on the OPK. We 2 days before, the day of and the day after.

3-4 days before I got the positive OPK test; I had a dream and kept hearing April 4th in my dream. And wouldn't you know it; that if I did conceive this cycle my due date would be April 4!!

Only 3 dpo...and this TWW is going to be sooooooooo long and agonizing!!

to all of us!

User ImageUser Image

6 years ago

Hi All!

Keeping fingers crossed for us all for BFP's this month.
I am 4dpo and 5 dptrigger. Third medicated cycle for us. Total 7 years of ttc have had 4 losses but found a great RE this year and with all the proper tests he found I had a septate uterus which he fixed in a 10 minute operation so I am excited and geared for our BFP!
I am on letrozole cd3-7 missed my fsh shots as I had 2(first time theres double the chance) follicles at 20 and 21mm so straight to trigger shot.
No IUI just timed intercourse. Hating the progesterone suppositries but hey what can you do?

May this be the month for us all!
#aprilbabies2018

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo