Community post

Discussion

trust body, my mind, or dh

Okay ladies I just want to say that I love this site! Here I don't feel crazy I just feel normal !

Okay I have two already and with my 1st I thought I was just really ill and I said to dh I think I'm pg cuz my upper belly was getting bigger. I had gain a lot of weight and it was hard. So he told me no your not and when you get pg your bottom belly grows and gets hard. Okay so I trusted my dh since he is a great scaffold builder and knows everything about babies and women's bodies! I have to take the fall for that one lol! Anyway my hpt's didn't show + until I was almost 3 months. So I said next time I trust my body!

2nd pg I told my dh I was pg because I felt weird and this time I was determined to stand my ground. Of course he said no your not and I screamed at him, yes I am! With my 2nd I screamed a lot not because I wanted to it just would come out. Poor dh he just wore earplugs. Anyway I was pg had what seemed a period and my hpt's didn't show until almost 2 1/2 months. I trusted my mind

So every month now I am pg and my dh just nods and say I don't know honey I don't think so. He keeps me from looking a the hpt's to long. I have been trusting dh.

So I have had symptoms since last week. 1/29-1/4 12 I have had lots of cm might have ov and spotted on the 1st really little and then had sticky brownish stuff. Was really tired and very weepy. I also felt very romantic all week. Like little kid romantic you know when you watch a movie or a kissing scene on Cinderella and you say how cute. So I snuggle up to dh which he loves because I really don't do that a lot. I start to day dream really weird for me.
Anyway I had this really weird week but the thing I wasn't scheduled to ov until the 5th we so today is my 2dpo I have had symptoms like dull pressure in ab and I vomited today. So now don't know if to trust my body which it's saying something is of ( which I'm like that every month), to trust my mind ( it's saying yes one day and your crazy the next), or my scaffolding expert of a hubby telling me ( with a voice of reason which to me I don't get right now) no. Oh by the way I have being feeling like bubbles popping in my tummy. What do I do? I say trust GOD! But I'm still am going crazy on who to trust.

Sorry so long and forgive my grammatical errors

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I don't think this has to be a zero-sum problem, where you must trust one option (in this case, body, mind, OR dh) completely and ignore the others. It's neat that you sensed your previous pregnancies well before they showed up on hpts.
I have two straight answers:
1. Always listen to your body. Your mind is part of your body, and the two work inseparably. If you have doubt in your mind, but hope in your body, stay as positive as you can in case you are carrying. As for your husband, what can he do but be realistic? [see #2] Trust him to be trying his best to support you.
2. Don't cry wolf with your husband. It would be exhausting if he came home every week and announced that he's sure he won the lottery. Set a boundary for yourself about symptoms, and don't tell him (or yourself!) about them unless you cross into that 'more sure than not' zone. That way he will be excited for you when it really happens, rather than expecting another false like every other month. What I mean is, concentrate on living the life you have. Do things you love to do and the baby will come.

Sorry if that's harsh, but the question of pregnancy is never black and white in the beginning, and a lot of relationships can be compromised by treating it so.

Love and luck to you,
xoxo

User Image

12 years ago

No not harsh at all! Thanks after I posted my topic I went back and read it and I found my self saying , "what". I wrote this really late one night with my emotions all over the place. So I felt I kinda sounded like a kid Lol. I think your right about keeping things to myself. I haven't told my dh about anything this time (well the last week lol). I do think my dh supports me and keeps me grounded and he also know where I'm coming from. I have had two mc and I have this void. So since my post I have found that just like everything else in this world, of course through pray. I can find a balance in my mind about all this. When the time is right it will happen and I'll know. It's cool that there is a site that we can get crazy, sad, and happy and everyone understand.

12 years ago • Post starter

Phew! I'm glad you saw what I meant :)
I'm not really in favour of keeping things from my dh, but when it came to every month wanting to share symptoms, after a while I noticed he wasn't really responding the way I was needing anyway. That's when I moved my obsession to this site with a lovely group of girls who can be just as crazy as me about all the different stuff going on. I learned a lot from them, and when I did finally get my bfp, my dh was nicely surprised.
Good luck and lots of love and positive thoughts!
xoxo Bee

User Image

12 years ago

it is really nice to be able to have this site! Thanks to sound advice (you). I'm just chillin and taking all of my symptoms and charting them. If I don't get a bfp then it's okay I will get one sooner or later. Well I'm happy for you and the baby And will be praying for you both !

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo