Community post

Discussion

Pregnant again 2 weeks after miscarriage?

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here and after some advice please...

I recently miscarried at 8 weeks, with bub having stopped growing at 6 weeks. My miscarriage started with heavy bleeding at lasted three weeks. During this time we saw bubs heartbeat twice so know we were definitely pregnant. The day after I "passed" bub I hadna scan that showed therenwas nothing left. This was on the 17.05.17 and the bleeding stopped on the 22.05.17

I had my HGC monitored which went vack down to 26 from 8000 and then we had two negative home tests on the 25.05.17

I thought I was ovulation on the 28.05.17 and we had sex duringnthis time, but was under the impression that it woukd more than likely take a while to fall pregnant again.

Low and behold, I xame home from work on the 8.06.17 and started dry heaving at something yummy my husband was cooking. We pulled out a leftover home test and sure enough it was faint positive. I went to the Dr that day and got bloods which xame back at 30. Since the 08.06.17 I have had three more very strong positive tests and my HGC is doubling every 32hours, last t3st reaching 1300.

I was then sent for an ultrasound but as expected nothing was detected except my endometrium is 14mm and a carpus liteum? In left ovary... The Dr thinks residual from miscarriage but xant explain increasing HGC so has referred to the local hospital who says its clearly a new pregnancy and has me doing a repeat ultrasound this Friday.

My question is, has anyone else fallen pregnant this quick after miscarriage and was a viable pregnancy. By my dates we ovulated on the 28.05 / 29.05 which would put me at three weeks after ovulqtion, or roughly 5 weeks pregnant. The problem is that 5 weeks ago I still had HGC in my system and was in the midst of miscarrying....

Sorry for the novel, advice greatly appreciated please!!!!

User Image[/url][/url]

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I did! I had a mc at 5 weeks so earlier than you in 2014. Got pregnant right away after with my now 2.5 year old daughter. You won't feel at ease until after 12 week scan, but it is very possible to have a viable pregnancy right away.

6 years ago

Thank you so much Kmr. Fingers crossed this time around!

User Image[/url][/url]

6 years ago • Post starter

I miscarried back in 2014 (1st Feb). Believe it or not, we tried again 1 week later. Must have worked straight away, I had my little girl (3rd child) November 17th (10 days over). Good luck Xx

6 years ago

Yes its so very possible to fall pregnant again straight awwh aalong as you ovulated, which you have. Good luck mama

Jinan (5-Aug-2008), Yunus (4-march-2014) , my angel bean (24-may-2013), angel bean 27/nov/14, angel bean 29/dec/14 User Image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo