Community post

Discussion

My First IUI - Without Meds

I wanted to share my story with you guys. I read these forums all the time and have never contributed. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 16 months now, I have been charting my temps for 11 months, and we have never had a glimmer of a BFP. All of my tests have come back normal, but he was found to have decreased motility and morphology (major) in January of this year. He had something like 1% motility. After we received that news, I started doing my research. Based upon that research I told him to stop taking hot showers, majorly limit or cut out drinking, and had him take Ubiquinone, vit E, vit C, and a multi. We had another analysis done in May of this year and that showed him at 7% motility (about 14 million when we did the math). We went to our first fertility appt May 24th and she said we have a great shot with IUI with no fertility meds. On June 5th, we went in for our first IUI and I had an ultrasound to check lining thickness (this was something I questioned), it was normal at 15mm. They got his sample and "washed" it and we had some great news. The post washed count was 124 million!! We only needed 10 million to have a good chance.

So now I am 9DPO or 9DPIUI and I have had some symptoms for sure. Over the last few days I have had a lot of off and on dull cramping and fullness sensations and my BBT spiked to 99.3 yesterday. It was back to 98.5 this morning, but I have been running very warm the last two days. Sometimes when I have the dull cramping, I feel pain in my back and a few twinges in my cervix. Its almost as if I'm in the middle of my period. Off and on I am having sensations of tingling in my nipples. I am super in tune to what is happening in my body, I was able to tell the nurse which side I had ovulated on before my ultrasound- and I was correct! I have tested a lot because the wait is killing me, but they have all been BFN. I have used FRER and FMU and SMU. All I can do now is wait and see. I definitely haven't had a cycle like this before!

0 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo