Community post

Discussion

Trying for #2 for 2 years

Hi all,
for our first born, he was a complete accident. We were actually in a long distance relationship for 5 years and it just happened back in 2011. I gave birth in April 2012 and I was 23 then.
Now I'm 28 and we have been trying for the past 2 years.
In the first year I didn't think much about it, wasn't really calculating my ovulation days etc. Because of course I thought, well, I had one baby so I guess I can have another. I just mentally calculated when I would be ovulating but we'd do it every week at least once or twice. And nothing.
For this past year, I was diligent with my cycles, bought ovulation kits, and still nothing. Went to see a doctor and she gave me pills to regulate my cycles and I seem to be on a regular 5 week cycle. She did an internal ultrasound and we saw that I had an egg right there. I was ovulating! and I remember i was 4 days past the last day of my period. So it was very strange to me to ovulate so quickly after my period ended. So I guess my ovulation is kind of whacked as well. She gave me pills for 3 cycles and i'm on my last cycle now.
My period is supposed to be here now but it isn't here yet.
I'm not confident because I feel like it will come due to so many months of disappointments. I'm waiting another 2 weeks to take a test.
I know I already have a son and I know I have more than I could ask for. But a part of me doesn't feel complete.
And I hate going on instagram and facebook because almost everyone I know is giving birth and getting pregnant again with their 2nd 3rd 4th.. It just seems so easy for them(even though I may not know what they may have gone through to get there) I can't help but feel jealous and envy and I feel so bad. I guess at this age is just the age to be conceiving.
I've been reading a lot about secondary infertility, my DH says he'll get tested next month. My DH has been diligently going to the gym and working out for the past 2 years as well. During that time he's been taking protein shakes and supplements but I definitely know no steroids at all. I'm wondering if the shakes and supplements could have something in them to cause a low sperm count or something.
Anyways I just needed a place to vent. I was extremely upset yesterday because I saw someone I know announce her pregnancy, and i just felt so :( anyways. Good luck to everyone else here though! :)

3 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi, try not to think about what everybody else is doing. I was really focused on having my second baby when my son was 2 years old, but I see now that it did not fit in With Our life at that moment. I am now glad we waited. It will happen when it is meant to be, just try not to let yourself become miserable and disapointed in the meantime. Good Luck! Sending lots of babydust

<a href=

6 years ago

Some people ovulate early....just time BD to be right after your AF stops. Try to take your basal temperature and monitor that, as well as some supplements. My DH got a sperm count kit from rite aid that told him if he was over 20 mil or not - It came up positive, that he was, so that was a load off. If it had been questionable, we'd have gotten a real analysis with the doctor.

6 years ago

I can relate to your story. I was pregnant with my son the second cycle that we tried and now I have been TTC #2 for 14 cycles without any luck so far. I started OPKs either the second or third cycle and then eventually added BBT charting so our timing has always been good. We have also had normal blood tests, HSG and semen analysis so I just don't know why it's not happening for us.

I hope that this is your month! I know what you mean about pregnancy announcements on social media. I sometimes lose my breath when I see them.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo