Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy and how it happens

Hi everyone.

I've been doing a lot of research and really want others opinions.

I found out I was pregnant on Friday 7th October 2016 (via FIRST RESPONSE EARLY RESPONSE hpt. I DTD 24th/25th September 2016 no protection, then again on the 29th September 2016 withdrawal method.

Again, I got my positive pregnancy test on Friday 7th of October.

Now, on the 8th of October, my hcg levels were 62 in the morning. I have VERY IRREGULAR PERIODS so doc said I had to rely on my scans.

Fast forward, my scan tells me I conceived on the 26th of September.

Now. According to research, first response tests are suppose to give accurate results 6 days earlier. I've researched right through this site through the pregnancy test photo gallery and many people did not get a positive until 13+ dpo with a first response test.

I'm confused as to why this is the case

How long do you guys know that a pregnancy test will turn positive from fertilisation?

How long is implantation? Can it happen earlier than 6 days?

I've also read that a home pregnancy test will only turn positive about a week after implantation. So why does the first response tests turn positive before this?

should I trust my scan date? Which means my pregnancy test was accurate in its strong positive? Or should I be led to believe that I could've conceived on the 29th? Meaning my pregnancy test was a strong positive at just 8days after? I'll attach a photo of it from the 7th of October if I can figure out how.

I know there's so many questions haha. I'm on maternity leave now and many of my friends have turned to me for questions as I'm very in tune with my body so I've done this research to pass the time til my son arrives haha.

Thanks!

0 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo