Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Thank You VENUS and CAZ,

Felt like i let go off a burden yesterday, probably since i shared my story. Anyways, since there are Good Luck's and such encouraging words from you ladies for me, i am not giving up so soon.

I also had a medically terminated pregnancy 4 years back, right after 3 months my daughter was born. It was way too early for me to have another baby so soon, so we got it terminated. But since all that is past, i am going to let go off all the pain and look forward.

My new doc also said since my fertility was proved thrice, i have nothing to worry about. I think i am going to follow her.

As of now, i should be starting my AF very soon, may be in couple of days. I had spotting last night, so looks like no luck this month. We are thinking if we want to go for IUI this month. Will go to my doc , talk to her and then decide.

Hope we all get our BFP's soon.

9 years ago

Caz I understand now. I was wondering why the faint line would show up but it will always be faint until it actually has a surge. I never get the ewcm at least I've never noticed it, it goes from white to watery. Well I had the surge tonight. I thought It was another faint line until I realized the faint line was the control line and the test line was darker. I didn't get cramps, but I did get these sharp pains a couple of times today, I'll take that as a sign something is happening. I dtd Sat, Sun, took a break on Mon, hopefully that gave it some time to "replenish" and tonight it's on lol

Nams: leave the pass behind, as I always say, stay positive! I'm sure you will get pregnant again, it's all about timing. Did you already make a appt to talk about the IUI?

9 years ago • Post starter

Well, i will be going to my doctor in a couple of days. Will check with her if i should try out naturally for another couple of months or can i go ahead with IUI as we are getting a little anxious that we might be running late age wise.

I wonder what the success rates are for IUI, since i've been reading different versions so far. And wondering if we will be ready to go for more than one IUI, since this was never in our mind.

FX'ed

9 years ago

Venus what day are you going to put as your ovulation day? That's the bit I have trouble with. My opk test results were:

Sat- Test line same colour as control line - dtd
Sun- Same colour again - dtd
Mon- Darker than control line
Tues- Darker than control line - dtd
Wed(today)-Faint

Would you put my ovulation day on Mon, Tues or today wed as the surge is meant to be before.

9 years ago

Only because the instructions say you ovulate 12-24 after LH surge. I'm going to say my OV day is today Wed and tomorrow will be 1 dpo.

Sun: faint dtd
Mon: faint
Tues: darker than control line dtd

I think for you, you ovulated yesterday and today is your 1dpo

The line being darker on Monday would say it's just about to happen, Tuesday it happen and today it's over because it's back to faint

My AF is due by the 19th, we will see what happens

Thanks Venus I have set my ovulation day to yesterday so am now 1dpo :)
Wow we are in the 2 week wait together and only 1 day apart. So good I have u to share it with.

Hope this is our cycle and we get our

9 years ago

I know, somehow I caught up to you. And yesterday I was cramping most of the day so my cramps are back and I definitely ovulated. Today 1dpo, I'm going to be positive no matter what the results. It's not going to help my body get pregnant if I'm stressed or depress, that's my goal. Now how will I keep busy and not think about this 2ww? I know I'll be looking at my calendar everyday lol
Are you planning on waiting for a missed AF or will you test early?

I going to try and wait as long as possible before testing but I know knowing me I'll prob test at around 10 dpo. I have loads of cheap tests and is just so tempting lol. This 2 week wait is already dragging for me! I'm only on 3dpo. I am keeping positive though too and have everything crossed that this is our month.

9 years ago

Nams how you getting on? Did u go and see the doctor, what did they say?

Venus how are you? Any symptoms? I know it's too early but passes the time lol. This 2ww is going so slow!

9 years ago

went to the doctor 2 days ago. She said everything looks fine, got some blood tests done for me and my husband. Looks like everything came out normal. My husband has to give his SA test this weekend, after which she said we will take a call on whether to go for IUI or keep trying naturally. So i also need to go for the follicular study the same day my husband goes for his test. So have another week to wait for all this to happen.

I should also be ovulating some time early next week so keeping FX'ed.

Hope u ladies get ur BFP this month,

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo