Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Least now you can try this month Venus, when are you going to start opk testing?

I'm on cd14 today and so far no ovulation pains :/ I had pains at cd13 last cycle so not sure if taking b6 has done something.

Will carry on testing anyway

9 years ago

What do you think the B6 changed? Last time you had a OPK at 17cd, you should probably dtd today to give them travel time, by the time you ovulate they will be there waiting. Definitely keeping doing your OPKs
Keeps us posted

Hopefully I get ovulation cramps this cycle because I feel weird not having it. I'm on CD 5 AF is gone already. I'm planning on starting the OPK this Sunday.

9 years ago • Post starter

Just worried I haven't had any ovulation pains yet as last cycle I got them by now...... was thinking maybe the b6 is going to make me ovulate late. Guess will have to wait and see.

Let me know how the opk testing goes and when u get your positive opk

9 years ago

Had some ovulation cramps today so should ovulate any time now

9 years ago

It was about a day late, that's not too bad. I went to the dollar store to get some pregnancy test and they were completely out of OPK & HPT. So I tell the cashier, wow you guys have no HPT, do people really buy a lot" and she said this is the season everyone is getting pregnant. I couldn't help but laugh. Thank goodness I spoke up cause she had some hiding and I was able to get a few. Crossing my fingers this is our cycle

Haha Venus that made me laugh!
did u start testing today?
I finally got my positive opk today, 3 days later than last cycle. Think it's the b6 that delayed it but going to continue taking this cycle anyways

9 years ago

Caz what is your CD today? I'm on cd10 and I just took a OPK, I'm doing mines at night. I'm a little confused. I see a line but I think I read somewhere that the line is suppose to be as dark as the control line. Which it wasn't. If I'm not ovulating yet why would a line show up at all?

Hello ladies,

I've been a member of this website since last year. Been on and off the forums due to lack of time. Wanted to share my story, my grief and all my experiences with u . Hope i feel better after sharing my story with u all.

i am 32 and my husband is 40. We have a daughter 5 years old. She was our surprise baby, even without TTC right after our marriage. We our so blessed to have her in our life and i thank god for the gift.

Since she happened right after our marriage, we decided to take a break for our second kid. So after 4 years we decided last January 2014 that we will start our TTC for our second baby . So we started off and hit a BFP in July 2014. Meanwhile after 3 months of not conceiving in May 2014, our doc suggested since my husband is in late 30's she asked us to get a semen analysis done for my husband . We did so and she said the report suggested that the count is good but no active sperm.

She said to take some mutlivitamins for 3 months and then try again. And meanwhile in July 2014 since we got a BFP , we thought and assumed everything was ok now. My doc was not very happy with the no active sperm and me conceiving at the same time. I realized from her approach that she was not very satisfied with my pregnancy. Well slowly i started spotting and after 13 weeks in Sep 2014, i had a spontaneous miscarriage with a D & C done to clean up everything.

One of the saddest times i ever had in my life and what to tell my daughter who was very excited. Well she took it positively and is still waiting for her little brother or sister to come some time later:)

After some follicular studies my doc suggested we should take a break for 3 months and then go for iui. In DEC 2014, after 3 months she said my endometruim is still coping and all of a sudden she said she can see by tube blocked. Got couple of scans from 2 different radiologists who ruled out any blockages. She was still not convinced and that is when i went ahead and changed my doc.

My new doc looked at all my reports and my husbands 3 semen analysis reports and said everything was normal and semen analysis does change due to stress and is completely normal to have such variations. She has even ruled out any fertility problems.

We were very happy to know that and again started to TTC since Jan 2015. Well still no BFP, i know it takes 6 months, trying to be optimistic and want to keep trying. Stopped going for any further follicular studies, since i want a break from hospital trips. Told my new doc, that we will TTC for a few months and then may be go for IUI. She was absolutely ok with it. My husband thinks since his reports came out different each time, he think may be he is running out of good sperms.
But i want to be optimistic and keep trying . My AF is due this week and i already have symptoms it is coming.

Hope i didn't irritate all u ladies with my long story and i wish u all BFP's.

Good Luck

9 years ago

Hi Nams

Your could never irritate me with your story. Though it's a sad one, you should know your not alone and we all can relate to it.

I'm glad you switch doctor also, it sounds like your doctor was way off. I remember telling my doctor that my husband was older than me and it might be hard to conceive and she ask how old, when I said he's going on 41, she laughed at me. Saying men can conceive well into 65 so I really don't believe you have anything to worry about. I also find it weird that your doctor would say you had a blockage in your tube. If you did, your wouldn't have been able to get pregnant, which you did. I know as months goes by and you keep trying becomes discouraging but don't give up. You became pregnant before and you will again. The most healthy people have miscarriages and it's no one fault, it just something that happens. Again don't give up.

Venus I'm on Cd20. You prob ovulate a lot earlier than me so we should be in the 2 week wait together soon :) . I always have a faint line on the opk test as there in always LH in our bodies, there is just a surge prior to ovulation. As soon as I approach ovulation mine gets darker and darker until they are the same colour, then normally the next day it will be darker than the control line. I also have ovulation pains and ewcm the same time so know it's happening.

Nams welcome to this forum, really sorry for your loss. This is a great place to talk to those that have been through simular. I don't know what I would have done these last couple of months without it.

Can't believe you're previous doctor and the things she was telling you. I would have changed too.

What dpo are you?

Wishing you good luck on your bfp too. Do you have any symptoms so far?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo