Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Bah
I've never tested this early (around 10 dpo) but still... bummed out.

9 years ago

Maman I'm not sure if I asked this already but what's your average CDs ? Maybe your still testing too early. My average CDs is 26 and I didn't get a bfp until 13dpo. Don't give up until AF arrives. My daughter is 7 going to be 8 in aug. She really wants to be a big sister and I can't wait until I could make her one.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks, Venus. My cycle is 27 days. And I would get my period this Sunday. Your advice sounds very smart, thanks. Maybe I'll try again Friday, but now I'm kind of scared... was so hopeful! I had a fantasy about a Halloween baby... hmm...
That's adorable with your daughter (but probably kind of stressful that you can't give her what she wants faster--boo)! I can't imagine having a child that wants to have a sibling! I'm trying for my first (and only). My husband has two children and I'm approaching 40 so there's not so much time or resources for a whole caboodle. But if I didn't try I would feel like I missed out. Unless I have a devil child, of course. But that's also why twins would be (and would have been) pretty cool, with built-in siblings... Oh well.

Are you planning on testing soon?

9 years ago

I'm due for AF today or definitely tomorrow. I'm not going to test cause I only have 1 test and I don't want to waste it. It's fun being due on a holiday. Before I was due on the 4th of July. Now when that day comes I'll probably will be sad knowing that was my due date. I just want AF to arrive already so we can go back to actively trying. I still have hope for a 2015 baby.

Remain positive, even if it doesn't happen for you in this cycle, let try again for a thanksgiving baby or even better a xmas baby. Fingers are crossed

Did you test again today Maman or are you going to wait a couple of days now?
Definitely don't lose hope, I know easier said than done but I know lots who have got a bfn that early then go on to get their bfp.

I'm on Cd 9 so going to start my opk tests tomorrow. This is my second proper cycle since my D&C. Not counting the one between the D&C and af as that was 9 weeks for some reason.

Venus at least when your af shows you then can start actively trying and you never know you may not even get af as you dtd on cd16. I know late but could you have ovulated around then this cycle?

I'm also hoping for a 2015 baby too :)

9 years ago

Hey there ladies,

Hope you're doing well!

Caz, two normal cycles sounds good, fingers crossed for the kick-off of number three!!! When are you going to use the OPKs? Starting tomorrow, but at what time of day? I tried that once, but had problems being consistent.

Venus, we seem to have a very similar rhythm. Thanks for the words of encouragement--you too Caz!!--and you're right, a Thanksgiving baby would also be cool. Xmas not so much, since I know so many already and think it's a hectic time of year...

As far as testing again, I think I'm just going to wait it out. I started spotting today and I'm pretty sure it's too late for implantation. That happens earlier when I start to "prod" and bother my cervix shortly before AF. Also feeling crampy and plain old sad. Nothing too dramatic, I actually had a pretty swell night with DH and the kids and feel lucky all around. We'll see how this all works out!

9 years ago

Update: showed up early. Ugh.

Feeling frustrated, but also gearing up with a new plan: to try temping and OPKs. And get back to the gym. I haven't been for the last couple weeks.

9 years ago

That's very true xmas is very hectic, but it can still be my personal xmas gift lol

I didn't think about the time of day to do the OPK but now that I'm thinking about it, I'll do mines every night. I just don't have time in the mornings to do it cause I have to take my daughter to school.

Im on cd28 today and I'm still waiting for AF.. It's just my luck when I want her to arrive early, she's taking her precious time.

You could have ovulated later than you thought then if AF hasn't arrived. Will you do a test if af doesn't arrive in a couple of days?

I do my opk tests in the afternoon usually

Ah Maman sorry to hear af showed, hoping we all get our bfp this cycle.

9 years ago

I spoke to soon, AF has arrive officially Cd1

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo