Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Thank you Maman

I know that 2 week wait is frustrating as well. I have about 8-10 days to my next AF and I also can't wait. It only means that I finally get to try again after this cycle is over. In the mean time, I been taking my vitamins. Hopefully that will make a difference this time around for me.

9 years ago • Post starter

Venus, yes, very frustrating all this waiting! But there is a chance AF won't come for you, no?
Vitamins sound good, I got a juicer last fall and the natural vitamins make me feel insanely healthy (when I feel motivated to haul it out and then clean it!). Anyways, one other fun thing--since you ladies mentioned apps--is ovuline. Have you heard of it? It's sort of like fb + a motivational coach for ttc. It posts tidbits like "Drink a lot of fluids, it will help you grow juicy ripe eggs" in the first part of your cycle. It even used to share recipes, but maybe I'm not using it right anymore. Hope you're well! Virtual hugs from Maman.

9 years ago

Welcome to this forum Maman, really sorry for you're loss- you had your D&C around the same time as me, mine was on the 10th Nov and was also twins :(
Where are you in your cycle now? I'm currently on CD5

Venus52 what vitamins are you taking? On doing a lot of research I have just started taking vitamin B6 as its meant to regulate your hormones and have read a lot of positive stories. Where are you in your cycle?

9 years ago

Maman I'm definitely out this cycle because we tried at cd 16 which I think it's too late for me. I don't think I ovulate pass CD 14, but I guess anything can happen. I use The Bullet to make smoothies but I don't get to do it everyday.

I been trying another app along with p tracker and it's called glow. What I like about it is that it shows the % of the chance for getting pregnant on each day.

Caz I'm taking B complex complete, and folic acid, I'm also taking vitamin C. I actually feel more energized since I been taking them. I don't wake up in the morning as tired as I use to. I'm on CD 23 i have a few more days for AF to arrive. What CD are you planning to OPK? I'm thinking about starting at CD 10.

Just wanted to share something I read. I know when people are TTC some of them probably BD everyday to increase our chances but I think that might also be hindering the chances (maybe)

"According to the study, couples that had the best luck getting pregnant had sex at least every 2-3 days during the woman’s fertile period. Most doctors suggest that guys wait at least 36 hours between each ejaculation when they are trying to conceive to allow their bodies to build up their sperm count again."

Caz, I'm on CD 23. Kind of itching to test, but also trying to be "cool" and wait until my period. AF is penciled in for Sunday. And you're coming up on your "fertile phase" ... awesome! Let there be fireworks!
Venus, there is the off-chance, but it sounds like you know your cycle. I always imagine that sperm have to make a treacherous journey into the uterus... not sure how long it takes, actually, but I think it's better when they are already waiting. Male reproductive material seems to live longer (3 to 5 days sperm vs. 1 to 2 days egg). What I'm trying to say is that "going to town" a bit earlier might be better in the future, but it sounds like you have to be very diplomatic right now. I'm very, truly sorry that your partner is uncertain! It was probably hard for him to see you go through D&C (twice!). He's probably hurting too and scared of more disappointment.
Sorry if I'm way off base.

Be well, Maman

9 years ago

Guys always have it a bit easier don't they. Their sperm lives 5 days while our egg has about 24 hours to live. They can reproduce almost at any age while our fertility goes down at a certain age. Anyways.. I'm definitely going to try a few days before ovulation to give travel time. It probably helps if they are already there waiting for the egg to arrive. I usually get ovulation cramps but this cycle i didn't have any at all. My plans is to OPK this cycle coming so I could be sure.

Sometimes I think my husband is too much of a guys guys. I did get to speak to a friend of his about everything that happened and even though he was always straight face in front of me, she told me that when he told her what had happen to me, he was in tears. I can't even picture that because he is always so strong minded. In fact he was always making jokes to cheer me up. Knowing that now I could understand his hesitation.

Haha, absolutely. Diminished fertility is a drag, but probably necessary. Without a deadline I would probably put it off for at least a few more years.

Your husband sounds very sweet. It was probably really hard for him to watch and not be able to do much... or fix the situation. And he was probably scared. Having to deal with mortality touches a nerve. Cook that man a steak tonight! Unless he's a vegetarian. Then go wild with tofu.

I'm really anxious to test. Maybe tomorrow morning... That would be around 10 dpo... Ahhhh!!!! This morning I woke up hungry and feel all tingly "down there" with a new white-ish discharge....

Are there any preferences as to boys or girls out there?

I started making a long "short list" of girls names the other day. It's more fun...

9 years ago

Good luck Maman, hoping you get your
I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting to test, think I'm a poas addict but then hate the disappointment.
I'm now on CD7 and have no spotting now. My last cycle I spotted after AF until CD13 so something wasn't right. Maybe it's the B6 that I've started this month to regulate my cycle.

Venus think I will start my opk test on Cd10 too, will be interesting to see if I get my surge on CD16 again. When's the best time to dtd ideally? Day before surge/day of surge or day after? Or all 3 lol but as you said doing dtd every 2/3 days might improve chances during fertile period.

I have no real preference over a boy or girl. I have a little girl already so a boy would be nice but then would also love my daughter to have a sister so really be happy with either.

9 years ago

LOL about the steak..

And Caz I'm right there with you. I'm a poas addict myself, if it's there I'm using it, I can't stop myself. I think I'm going to buy some wondfo since you can get them in bulk.

Maman you know they say pregnant woman produce more discharge so that could be a really good sign.

Caz if you normally OV on cd 16 you should Dtd on cd 14, dtd on the same day of your surge because the instructions say when you get a positive you going to OV in the next 24 hrs.

I have a daughter so I kind of would like a boy so I can have the pair. I know we will not have more kids after this. At the same time if it was a girl I would still be happy. I wont have to worry about them sharing a room. My daughter already made space in her room where she wants the crib, if it's a boy he will be sleeping in a girls room lol

Caz, it could be that you were still getting adjusted last cycle. Or did you have a normal month before that? This has been my first regular cycle since the D&C. It really took some time. I wouldn't have expected it. Though I suppose it could have been longer. My first periods afterwards were very drawn out with never-ending streaky **?!x!. Yuck. Sorry, but anyways, we both had the procedure in November, so I just wanted to say that.
You also mentioned your cycles are longer (just over 30 days?), so I also think your plans to "get busy" sound good!

Venus, that's adorable that your daughter is making space! How old is she?

My husband reminded me tonight that there is another test in the bathroom. So I'm taking one last hot bath and having a glass of wine tonight--still very nervous!! First test tomorrow morning... I think.

Over and out,
Maman

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo