Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 152 Replies | Last Page

They did the 2nd ultrasound a week later to check growth and possibly adjust due date since at the first ultrasound although we saw a strong heartbeat baby was measuring 5 days smaller based on LMP. Dr thought I may have ovulated late since I was still breastfeeding my then 11 month old. I really thought we would conceive again quickly after the D&C im really starting to lose hope and get depressed.

9 years ago

I understand how that feels, that's how I felt when I was trying and when I finally became pregnant, I was over joyed and for this to happen was very sad. At the same time I truly believe we all must stay positive. Every month I tired I kept putting negativity forward by thinking it just wasn't working. The month I finally told myself I'm going to remain positive no matter what, I got my positive. Know that your not alone. You became pregnant and you will get pregnant again. Stay positive, I know it's hard to when you want something so bad but it will happen, don't block yourself by getting depress about it.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks so much I needed to hear that from someone who understands! I feel like my husband just doesn't get it.

9 years ago

JMcD88 welcome to this forum

So sorry for your loss. I am new on here too and am finding this a great place to talk as only those who have been through this truly understand.
I am ttc again after my D&C in November and currently 2 dpo so in the 2 week wait.
Have you tested again since the one on 7dpo?

Venus52 - any progress after last night? ;)

9 years ago

Thank you caz480793- I am also so sorry for your loss. Sounds like we are in similar situations TTC after close D&Cs I'd love to keep in touch! Do you have any other children? How long did you TTC previoiusly? I took the test just yesterday at 7DPO haven't taken another since because I'm sure I'll just be disappointed again and it ruins my whole day. Trying to hold out until 11DPO to test again but I don't think this is our month :(

9 years ago

Aw try and stay positive, you never know. I have a 28 month old daughter and was lucky enough to conceive second month trying. It took us a bit longer to conceive our second but ended in a mmc of twins in November.
Really hoping that this is our cycle, not sure what dpo I'm going to give in and test. I have loads of Internet cheapies lol.

9 years ago

No luck with me, I guess he's going to make me wait. I'm disappointed but I'm not going to give up just yet, I still haven't ovulated so there is still time for me to change his mind. I don't understand how he could say he not ready. I'm the one who went through a D&C twice. He should just be supportive.

I am 9 dpo and got a bfn today so not looking good. I know it's still early but thought would be able to see something really faint by now. Af due in 5 days
How you getting on Venus52, did you ovulate?

Any Joy JMcD88? How many days past ovulation are you now?

9 years ago

Actually I got a BFP 12dpo last week after negatives 8,9,10,11 DPO. I am beyond excited but very reluctant hoping this pregnancy works out. After a miscarriage a few months ago its terrifying.

9 years ago

JMcD88 that's really exciting!! This pregnancy will work out. Don't worry, they say it's rare to have 2 miscarriages back to back. Enjoy this time. Will you tell people or are you planning on keeping it a secret?

Caz don't lose hope just yet. 9dpo is still kind of early. As for me, I didn't have any ovulation cramps this cycle which is rare for me. I always use to have cramps and this time nothing. We only tried once and that was last night but I don't think that will work because I was already at CD16 and I've never ovulated pass CD 14. I only have 10 more days til my next AF so I'm out this cycle but next cycle we are definitely trying. Im still debating if I should purchase a OPK. What kind do you use?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo