Community post

Discussion

TTC after MMC

Hello all,
I wondered if I could ask for some advice?
We lost our first baby at the end of February and, after following doctor's advice, waited for one 'normal' period before trying again. First month, didn't happen but my period was 5 days late (cruel!) and I was convinced I was experiencing so many symptoms!?
Second month TTC now, I'm 10dpo and have been charting my temperature etc. I've had weird cramps for about 2/3 days now and have been experiencing backaches and fatigue.

My question is: has anyone else experienced more intense PMS since their loss? Beforehand, I'd get cramps say 2 days before, so I'd know I was about to start AF, but certainly never a week or more?

I don't want to keep getting my hopes up as this is slowly wearing me down. The heartache when it's a BFN. So I'd take comfort in knowing what others have experienced?

Many thanks for sharing such a difficult experience. x

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi RubyG,

Sorry about your loss. I know how hard it can be, i myself just experienced my second loss last month.

Regarding your question - i didn't get any intense pms after the loss. it was quite normal actually even almost non existent. Sometimes when i did get, it felt a bit similar to when i was pregnant, with the sore boobs, but other than that i was back to normal.

Wishing you all the best.

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply, Kerrist and I'm so very sorry to hear what you are going through. I think I may be more symptom spotting than anything, a habit I need to get out of!!
Sending you all the very best

6 years ago • Post starter

Ruby I am sorry for your loss and it seems we are cycle buddies I am 9 dpo as well. Lost my baby in December 2017. I had more intense symptoms my first AF after the loss but after that about the same. Now having cramps lots of bloating and discharge. FX for the both of us!!!

6 years ago

Hi @mariasboys13, so sorry to hear of your loss. Fingers crossed!! The closer I get to expected AF, though, the less convinced I am that I'll get a BFP this month! I did a test yesterday, which was negative, but even this website suggested it may have been too early to test, so I'll hold on to that!! My first pregnancy tested positive at 10dpo, but I think I'm starting to realise that there is no pattern or predictability or certainty in this whole process! So I think I need to stop comparing and just see what this month brings! Easier said than done!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo