Community post

Discussion

Textbook Symptoms, late AF, and BFNs???

Hi ladies! I'm hoping you all could help me get to the bottom of my "Pregnancy Test Mystery."

First, a little backstory on myself: I am 19 years old and have been diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) since I was 16. It isn't severe and I still have my periods like clockwork but I occasionally experience flare ups. Also, back in January of this year (4 months ago), I had a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy at about 5 weeks. Everything has returned to normal since then.... until now.

I posted a picture of what I thought may be a positive test at 11dpo (5 days ago) because my fiance and i had unprotected sex 2 days before ovulation I'd been having horrible cramps, headaches, and fatigue as well as some nausea and vertigo, the same symptoms I had with my last pregnancy before a missed period. I could have sworn it was a light positive and after posting on here, it received almost all positive votes as well, so i was pretty convinced but wanted a more definitive result before getting a blood test done (due to me switching jobs, I currently am without insurance and can't/don't want to pay out of pocket for a blood test if it's just going to be negative anyway).

Well, I tested again yesterday, the first day of my missed period, in hopes of getting a darker positive, and got a BFN!!!! First morning urine and all!! Thought it may have been a false negative so I tested again this morning and... another BFN! So now I'm thinking.... What the heck! I still have no signs whatsoever of AF starting, which is unusual because, again, I am usually like clockwork. I've also started having sore boobs/nipples and having white, creamy CM (sorry if that's TMI), which I've never had other than when I was pregnant.

I want to test first thing every day when I wake up but 1.) That is a waste of money, and 2.) My fiance already thinks I'm crazy enough as it is. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm pregnant again! Could my body still be regulating itself from the previous pregnancy? I don't think I have any cyst flare ups going on as of now and it's so not like me to be late. I can't stand the anticipation. Has anyone else been 16dpo and still been pregnant? Or am I just nuts?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any tips/advice/personal stories!

1 Reply • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Whoops, I meant to say, "has anyone else had negatives at 16dpo and still been pregnant?"

Sorry for the confusion!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo