Community post

Discussion

Anyone trying Instead Softcups?

View Full Post

Hi everyone

I've read mostly great stories about using Softcups so am going to try using them this cycle. I'm also using Preseed and Clearblue digital ovulation kit.

We've been trying for 2 years - I had a chemical pregnancy last June and gave up trying over Christmas - but feel ready to start again.

Anyone else using them or going to use them. I am on CD4 of my cycle so would welcome a buddy.

I've heard it's good to practise putting them in/taking out a few times... it's hardly a good look just after BD-ing is it?
x

28 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 28 Replies | Last Page

Well I did the softcups for 6 straight days, so hopefully I covered all bases. Having pcos my temps are all over the place..so I'm not sure when I ovulated. On Monday ill have blood work done to see if I ovulated or not. I'm pretty sure I'm in the ttw but not sure what dpo I am? Oh well..guess time will tell...baby dust!!

TTC #1 since June 2011 PCOS Me- 25 DH- 31 User Image

12 years ago

hi everyone

Has anyone started testing? Being a POAS I have been for the past couple of days - BFNs! Not even a shadow. My temps look good but mine always fall on 13 dpo so I'm not putting too much stock by them.

Feeling really despondent right now. Has anyone had any BFP luck?

xx

12 years ago • Post starter

I may have to try these! The reviews sound promising, and the "no mess" on the sheets sounds like an added bonus!

12 years ago

I really liked using softcups..unfortunitely I didn't ovulate this cycle :( I'm definitely going to use them for this next cycle.

12 years ago

Sorry to hear that Emma.

My temps look like they're starting to drop - AF due on Wednesday which is a really short cycle for me.

Have had BFNs so I think I'm out this month.

Hard to stay cheerful - but another month, another try... in the meantime, life is good, the sun is shining this morning, the birds are singing.. :-)

Fingers crossed for next month Emma.

I will definitely try again with the softcups.

Thanks Dawniem! All we can do is to keep trying..here's to another month! Baby dust to us both:)

12 years ago

I've used them through several cycles and have never seen any results. I'm actually not sure how effective they are. I wonder how much semen they may be pushing out of the way verses how much gets collected into the cup and held against the cervix. Once I go through what I have, I don't think I'll buy them anymore.

12 years ago

Thanks catnip - it's good to hear both sides of the story. As for me, think i'm definitely out - AF about to start a few days later than expected.

FWIW, I'm 5wks5dys preggo now after using Softcups and the CBEFM both for the first time last month! We'd been actively trying for about 3 months.

I think the Softcups can help since they keep a lot more semen inside you for longer. I loved being able to walk around after BD and not having to worry about leaking, or being able to just go straight to sleep without getting up first with a napkin between my legs to keep from dripping (sorry, probably TMI, haha).

12 years ago

That's so good to hear sykosam, congrats! That gives me some hope:)

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo