Community post

Discussion

Expecting my 3rd baby - early pregnancy nerves

Hi everyone, I'm now week 6 of pregnancy and I'm so paranoid! I've miscarried before and I'm stressing myself out worrying, I know I should be positive but I can't shake it... I also know what's meant to be is meant to be but it means so much to me this time.
My husband starts radiotherapy this week for cancer and it's going to leave him infertile so this baby is our last one by natural means! I need to get positive and stay positive but every twinge, cramp, and funny feeling down below has me running to the toilet to check for signs of MC....
Arghhhhhh....

29 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 29 Replies | Last Page

Hey there!
I am moving over to these boards as I got my BFP this morning!

How are you doing?? All going well with your pregnancy?

6 years ago

Ahhh wow - congratulations! There's nothing quite like getting a BFP is there!?

All going ok so far here, approaching 8 weeks now and the morning sickness (all day sickness) has really kicked in! Eurghhhhh...

Have you worked out your due date? Made up for you xxx

6 years ago • Post starter

My BFP was almost like a panic! Is it real?!? Do you see it?!? OMG!!

But I am sooooo glad that all is going well for you so far, yay!! I really felt for you when you said DH was starting radiotherapy. What a little miracle this baby will be for you!! And yes, the morning sickness sucks but they say it's a good sign!

Yes... my due date would be February 8th! And you??

I'm hoping to start blood work tomorrow. DH and I have been trying for our second since February 2016, I've had a ruptured ectopic and then another loss in October so I'm reeeeeally nervous for this one.

6 years ago

Hi ladies,
I'm on another board as well - TTC no.3. But I've now seen this one and may as well join in too.

emmalou117 - you said you got your BFP in May - great to see you're 8 weeks along. Hopefully that will help to settle some of your nerves. It isn't easy - I'm always a nervous wreck on the days of big scans. Hope the morning/day sickness isn't too difficult. Plain biscuits and small snacks regularly helped me out before.

AKJ976 I'm sure you are over the moon after the two losses last year. That must have been a difficult time for you. Great news you got your BFP. I know what you mean about is this real - am I seeing things?!

I got the faintest of faint BFP yesterday too. I don't think I'm really taking it as a definitive until my lines get a bit stronger/darker. 13DPO today and it was faint this morning - like really faint. So will probably skip the testing tomorrow & Friday and try to hold out to Saturday. I would have the same due date as you AKJ - 8th February! Yay!

F x

User Image

6 years ago

Hi for1118!

Yes I am happy but very cautious about getting my hopes up until I see that heartbeat!!! Trying very hard not to obsess but it's almost impossible!

I will be very eager to hear when you retest!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! How cool we'd have the same due date!

6 years ago

Hello,
Sorry for late reply - I've had a horrendous week - I started spotting and was so sure I was losing my little one. I've had a scan today though and there was a happy little bean with a lovely strong heartbeat so I'm hoping and praying it stays that way. I worked my due date out to be 20th January but today they said 18th January, I'm sure at my 12 week scan the date will be more accurate. Fingers crossed (and legs).

Ladies, I'm made up for your pregnancy announcements, 8th February, amazing! There's no feeling like getting a BFP. How are you both getting on? Has the sickness kicked in yet?

Emma xx

emmalou117 I'm really sorry your week did't start out good but very glad it ended on the right note. Could it have been breakthrough bleeding? I had it with my first and it was very scary - but seemingly common at the 8 and 12 week stage. Hope things are moving along with your husbands treatment too.

AKJ I'm cautious too - but been testing all week and I think I'm on the cusp actually believing it all. Beginning to get excited but yes the 12 week scan will settle me.

F x

User Image

6 years ago

Hey gals!!

Good to hear from you both!!

Emmalou: Sorry to hear about you rough week!! I'm sure the spotting was awful! But I'm glad you got in for a scan and all looks well!! Hoping your little one continues to stay strong! Your odds are very good this far along. Take care of yourself in the meantime but that 12 week scan will be here before you know it! January 20th eh?? Very nice!

For1118: So glad to see you BFP!! Your line is getting darker! Believe it!! I know we are still early but every day that goes by our little one gets bigger and stronger.

AFM: blood work has shown very good progress. I've had no spotting and only mild cramps. Lots of bloating though!! Yuk! But no morning sickness yet. We go in for our first scan on the 13th, trying not to wish the time away but... I'll be glad when it gets here and HOPE HOPE HOPE all looks well!

6 years ago

Hi ladies,

Dnt mind if I join in with ull .. I am there on the January babies thread.
Just to brief about me.. I had a miscarriage last cycle. Now I am 7 weeks pregnant..

I had my first scan last Monday .. everything looked fine except the babies heartbeat was 96bpm.. so I have a follow up scan tomorrow...

I am just feeling anxious .... I find these forums very calming and supportive..

How are you ladies doing ??

6 years ago

Hello all,

Hopeful - more than welcome to join. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope everything goes well tomorrow, I know how scary it can be when you are besides yourself with worry. I was 7 weeks when I had my scan too and I was told it was very early and very small but there was a heartbeat so that is a very good thing ???? Please keep us updated xx

AFM - thank you for your comments. Your scan is nearly upon us too. They can be so scary and worrying but there's nothing quite like seeing your little bean on the screen is there! My 12 week scan is on 10th July - I'm already counting down the days. I still worry but it is getting less and less. Xx

For1118 - thanks also, they really weren't sure where the blood was coming from, they said it could be anything really, they did say that my body is building itself up around my little one and protecting it well so at least that's a good thing. I think bleeding in pregnancy is not something I'd ever get used to. When is your scan then? I definitely think you should be believing in your BFP now, those tests are screaming at you. Congratulations and here's to a healthy pregnancy for you xx

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo