Community post

Discussion

Anyone pregnant after the age of 41???

Just wondering how many people over the age of 41 have got pregnant?? I'm 41 and had a chemical pregnancy in February. We are still trying but we have booked our wedding for next July and am now getting close to having a baby shortly before the wedding (if I get pregnant in the next few months). We've recently found out we will lose our deposit if we change the date of our wedding so may not be able to try again until after the wedding, by which point I will be 42! Just thought I would see how many people have got pregnant after 41 as reading things online it looks like the chances reduce every year! ?? Don't know whether to carry on trying this year or wait until after our wedding?! We do have a 3 year old son already so I know I can get pregnant, but am thinking it may be too late for another one now?!

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi there

I got pregnant at 42 yrs old. I'm now 35 weeks pregnant and turned 43 in April. It definitely took us a lot longer than expected from July 2015- October 2016 with a chemical and a miscarriage on our ttc journey.
We managed to conceive naturally though we were in the process of looking at doing some medicated cycles to enhance ovulation.

In January 2014 I got pregnant the 2nd month of trying and was 3 months away from turning 40 yrs old. My son was born October 2014.
That was super quick conception as I only had my IUD removed in the November 2013 after having it for 5 years. So that defided the odds for conception rates at a older age.
All the best to you on your trying to conceive journey and with your wedding

6 years ago

I'm 41 and got pregnant right away. I had been on the pill for 25 years and stopped after my last period and end of pill pack in mid-April. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant. I guess it just depends on the person.

We certainly did not expect to be pregnant so quickly given my age and not knowing how long it would take for my body to get back to its normal cycles. I guess not long! This is the first baby for both of us and we're very excited, but also nervous since it's still so early. But so far so good.

Everything I've read says the chances of conceiving naturally after the age of 40 is about 20%, but we got lucky. I would recommend that you don't stop trying because of this low percentage and go ahead with the wedding. We're not getting any younger. :)

6 years ago

Hi, I became pregnant with my now 4yo when I was just shy of my 42nd birthday. Naturally, although I did have the Fallopian tube dye test (HSG) which is said to possibly unblock clogged tubes.

TTC #4 and I'll be 47 in a few months.

Took a while for #3 so do continue ttc as it does require time in your 40s per statistics.

Good luck and many felicitations!
MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

6 years ago

I myself know two ladies who got pregnant at advanced maternal age. One lady, who is my neighbor, conceived naturally. A friend of my sister underwent ivf with pgs ngs at Gdansk ivf clinic, and got pregnant at the 1st try.

6 years ago

Baby dust to all!!!! I turn 40 in September so although I had my son January 5,2017 we are trying right away for #2. (It took us over a year for him and had to do an IUI. I'm hoping the delivery set my body back on track and we can conceive this one naturally. This is our second cycle TTC and AF is due in 3 days. No symptoms.....

Sabrina 39, DD 21 with grandson 7 months, DS 3 months DH 31 DH vasectomy reversal March 2015 First IUI April 19, 2016...DS born January 5, 2017 (IUI done due to hostile CM) TTC #2 with new husband before I turn 40 in September!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo