Community post

Discussion

I want another baby, but my husband doesn't.

Hi ladies,

I have a dilemma. I really want another baby give our son a sibling. My husband doesn't want another. His reason is because our son is very naughty but I feel he needs a playmate. Anyway, I track my ovulation through OPKS and he knows this so my question is do I sorta go behind his back and flall pregnant and he will eventually get over it, or do I keep waiting hoping he changes his mind? We have talked about it but never come to a conclusion.

Please no judgment, I'm just torn.

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi Qaiser. I really don't think that going behind your husbands back is the greatest solution. If he isn't ready and you did successfully get pregnant "behind his back", it could cause some unnecessary stress. He could possibly change his mind on his own. You could google some good points on growing up with siblings verses a child growing up alone. or lol you could ask your son every once in awhile if he would like a new brother or sister and let his reactions rub off on your husband. He might give in with it coming from his child.
My oldest daughter at first was jealous of her little sister ( 3 years apart) but as soon as her grandparents said (I'm going to take your sister home with me) she became protective over her and stayed that way from then on.

6 years ago

Hello, my first little boy settled down so much after he had a little brother, he was a little tearaway before that. They are now 1 and 4 and the difference in them in this year is amazing.
Second babies aren't as needy but it's definitely no walk in the park with two, maternity isn't as fun the second time. I bet most parents would tell you this. Do you have friends or family with siblings so your husband could maybe see the benefits and also see your child interacting with other kids?
I definitely would wait for your husband to be on the same page as you, or else he could hold it against you. Imagine how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.
It will happen again, just stay positive and keep chipping awayxx

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply,

Our son has been telling daddy he wants a baby sister for awhile now. I never wanted a big gap I said two years, our son is now 3.5. I would love to be pregnant again. I'm just worried that if my husband is against having another like he says he is then I will never get my other babies, then I loose my chance. My husband is also 32 I don't want to still be having kids when he is 40 just cause i had to wait for him to be ready.

????????????????????

6 years ago • Post starter

It must be so hard for you. Does your husband know how important this is to you and that you don't think you could be happy if he continued to say no? I don't think he would ever regret having a child, no love compares even when unplanned, he obviously loves your son, but I think he would eventually regret making you so sad. Kids are only little for so long, they get so big so quick, soon your little boy will be in school and life will get much simpler, maybe he may feel differently then. Xx

6 years ago

He knows it's I important to me. I think he is just scare. I am hoping that maybe when our son starts school in 2019 he will change his mind. I will definitely continue to talk to him about it.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo