Community post

Discussion

BFP after 1yr and total thyroidectomy

Heres my story. Im 30, DH is 28. Weve been NTNP since 2013. I have one DS from another relationship.
January 2013, I had a total thyroidectomy due to uncontrolled graves disease/hyperthyroid. Before having my thyroid
removed, I used to have issues with ovarian cysts and endometriosis. Since the removal, I those issues seem to resolve..
while others surface - heart valve issue (from reocurring tachycardia with hyperthyroid), vertigo, and anemia.
Weve been actively trying since June of 2013. BD on fertile days, laying there, standing on head, you know all the
crazy stuff TTC couples do. Something this month was different - heres the low down lol

This cycle: Dec 18-23rd - Used softcups this cycle, and been taking prenatal vitamins for a few months prior

5 days before O - EWCM with streaks of blood in it - super stretchy, not normal for me. Read that this meant that youre
super fertile - so we figured this might be a sign to start REALLY trying.

2 days before O - BD, laid there for 5 minutes only, went to the loo to "Clean up" lol

O day - BD, then inserted a BD right after DH finished, then I O'd after. (Tmi? lol) Left it in overnight.

1dpo - Didnt BD, I worked new years day, so I was exhausted - instead DH made a 'deposit' and I put softcup in. (TMI again)
left it in overnight.

2dpo - Nothing weird. Worked again all day. Tired.

3dpo - Uterus feels weird, kind of heavy like, and what seems like gas cramps.

4dpo - Tired. Bitchy. Thirsty for water. Hips hurt more than usual. Shooting breast pain. Bloated!! Gassy!! Hands are ice.

5dpo - Crabby and tired - assumed because I was working a lot. Definately stinky gas, lol.. Weird breast pain, felt like
electricity. Shooting pain in V - OUCH! Wet feeling. Yellow CM. Hands still cant keep warm.

6 dpo - Dizzy spells in afternoon, thought it was my typical vertigo mid cycle. Pain in left ovary area. Thirsty. Slightly nauseated
from coffee (I LOVE COFFEE!!!) Cramping. Increasing fatigue. Backache. Felt off today, and lazy. Cold shivers, but face felt hot.

7 dpo - Felt okay, actually woke up in a good mood. Mild cramping through the day, and hands were still ice no matter what I did.
Went to bed, had really bad cramps, like electricity again through boobs and belly button.(Never had before this cycle) Very thirsty,
couldnt seem to get enough water - as a result, peeing a lot more too. Exhausted by days end.
Awoken in middle of night by a lot of cramping.. (maybe early implant? didnt know)..

8 dpo - Woke up dizzy, decided to test knowing it'd probably be negative, but did it anyway lol BFN. Hands are still cold - at this
point Im wondering why my hands are doing this, Ive never had this before. More electricity type pain in boobs, kept rubbing them cause
it hurt.. then nipples were tingly warm. Weird again for me. EXHAUSTED!

9 dpo - Woke up feeling like I drank all night, very dizzy and fatigued. (I dont drink so this sucked! lol) Decided to test again,
still a BFN when looking at it in person... when I took a picture of it, I thought I saw something but who know it could of
been my TWW madness wanting to see something that probably wasnt there. AF type cramping ALL DAY, feeling out. More belly button type pain.
Heavy feeling in uterus again. Boobs dont really hurt (minus the on/off electric type spasms lol) Ate a lot this day - belly kept
rumbling like I havent eaten.. Went to bed, was having really warm flashes then heart racing, was getting panicked why this was happening
but then shortly after I fell asleep.

10 dpo - Woke up feeling even more dizzy. Room spinning, eyes bouncing type of dizziness. It was 530 am, got up and went to bathroom
and decided to test again (i should take up stock in FRER). Sitting there half asleep, trying to get the room to stop spinning. 3 minute
mark, theres definately a second line. Faint, but not like I had to turn it all angles like past tests thinking I saw something. It was
definately there.

Debating on waking up hubby or letting him sleep - but the excitement was too much I couldnt wait. I nudged him and told him I couldnt
sleep (Which used to happen a lot because I was hyperthyroid insomniac lol) he kept asking why I couldnt sleep, and I whispered
"Because youre going to be a daddy". Ive never seen a man turn the night table light on so fast, and saying WHAT?! WHAT?! So many times lol
He was like "Show me!" So I did, and he didnt even have to put his glasses on to see it, and he said "I MADE DIS!" (regarding a meme online
of an otter holding its offspring - we are very much childish at times, but thats why were married) Like really? LOL then he just stood
there by the bed, not knowing what to do with himself - and all morning hes been smirkin.

12dp - Confirmed with CB digital PREGNANT 1-2
OBGYN appt weds!!
I told him to keep FX. We need sticky baby dust! Im still in shock - I never thought we'd get pregnant! WISH US LUCK!!

Me: 30, DH: 28 -- total thyroidectomy 10dpo, 1/10/15 - concieved on New Years!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Update: confirmed blood test, Hcg at 75 at 3w 5d ð???

Me: 30, DH: 28 -- total thyroidectomy 10dpo, 1/10/15 - concieved on New Years!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo