Community post

Discussion

Metallic Taste? Did/do you have it?

Good morning, all. I woke up today experiencing a very strong metal taste - that hasn't gone away. I googled it, not realizing at all that it is a potential very early sign of pregnancy. Has anyone else had this symptom VERY early (6dpo or so) - and if so, did it lead to a BFP?

Thanks in advance!

T & R - Est. 2007 (T's from Previous Relationship) DS #1 12/20/02, DS #2 09/30/05 (Ours Together) DS #3 10/10/08 FurBaby (Dog) - Buckeye - 9/24/2013 TTC #4 - hoping for User Image

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I had it about a few days (maybe 3 or 4) Past ovulation. :-) good luck. I have my symptoms chart if you want to look at that too!

9 years ago

Actually, it was 6 dpo too :-)

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply! It seems like you had it around the same time as I am having it. I have [extremely] irregular periods - so it's next to impossible to tell what day O happen(s)... The metallic taste hasn't gone away yet today. Here's to hoping - and best of luck to you as well!

T & R - Est. 2007 (T's from Previous Relationship) DS #1 12/20/02, DS #2 09/30/05 (Ours Together) DS #3 10/10/08 FurBaby (Dog) - Buckeye - 9/24/2013 TTC #4 - hoping for User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm almoat 6 weeks and maybe 3 days ago....I started to get that taste....I hate it....no matter what Ido it won't go away. Are you having any other symptoms??

9 years ago

To be honest, I haven't been paying very close attention. We've been so busy, and experienced a death in the family, so I don't know. Here's what I've noticed since I got that bad taste yesterday:

- Metallic taste
- Last night I had an extremely vivid dream... Maybe it's related?
- Sneezing like crazy, even though I'm not sick.
- A slightly runny nose feeling, but again - definitely not sick.
- A little bloated/crampy

I guess we'll see, right?

I am about 6 weeks prego and I had all the same symptoms as you!! Sneezing, bloating... Are you gassy? Lol

9 years ago

@Rach -

I am a little gassy. Not so much burpy/belchy as just gassy. (Sorry if TMI - lol)

I've also been SUPER hungry. Like EAT ALL THE FOODS hungry. Grrrr. I guess only time will tell, right?

&

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo