Community post

Discussion

New moms over and mid 40's

Are there any moms over 40 with BFP that would like to share experiences? What helped you, any fertility treatments, natural or not? How long were u trying until your BFP? Idk... tell us EVERYTHING lol... we need all help in this world and then more haha. I'm 43, and TTC baby2. I have a 24 years old daughter and a grandbaby lol... yeah call me CRAAAAZY!! Good luck to all of you no matter what age!! Xoxo

17 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 17 Replies | Last Page

Hey!!!!! I will be 40 in September and I also have a 21 year old daughter and a grandson 7 months old!!! TTC #2 with new hubby. Just had newborn Son January 5, 2017 but it took us over a year to conceive him by way of IUI fertility treatment due to hostile cervical mucus. I believe that having a bacterial infection undetected for months may have contributed but I'm not sure... also for those ladies who have ever had any type of procedure or surgery on their cervix... I was in labor for hours and wasn't dilated whatsoever. The doctor said I had scar tissue from a procedure done years ago and I never knew it.

Sabrina 39, DD 21 with grandson 7 months, DS 3 months DH 31 DH vasectomy reversal March 2015 First IUI April 19, 2016...DS born January 5, 2017 (IUI done due to hostile CM) TTC #2 with new husband before I turn 40 in September!

6 years ago

Hi there JoyFryer777...
CONGRATS!! I see that it wasn't easy for you either huh?? But it sure was well worth it :). Unfortunately, I don't have insurance or the means of getting into a fertility treatment... it'll have to be left in the hands of major forces for me lol. I found out interesting what u said about the scar tissue and the infection... wow!! I'm really happy for you!! How is being a grandma and having a baby yourself?? I'm sure is the coolest experience. Thanks for all your wisdom :).

6 years ago • Post starter

It's exhausting but awesome lol. My daughter got married and moved to Washington state bc her husband is in the Navy. I live in southern Louisiana so she couldn't be any further away :(( but they just came to visit and I will be going visit her in June. We FaceTime almost every day so that's cool too.trying to spring clean this weekend. We have all been sick and I belymy humid environment needs a full detox!!!!!!

Sabrina 39, DD 21 with grandson 7 months, DS 3 months DH 31 DH vasectomy reversal March 2015 First IUI April 19, 2016...DS born January 5, 2017 (IUI done due to hostile CM) TTC #2 with new husband before I turn 40 in September!

6 years ago

Hi Joyfryer777 How r u today??
Lol I knooow ( The Navy Thing can be great but after a while it sucks! Is she living in W. Island?? That's a beautiful place though. Still close to Seattle!! ( I'm from the Nirvana Generation so go figure haha ). I bet u r tired with the lil one! I remember those days haha. Do you work or FT mommy?? I'm still waiting for my period to come ( Cycles of 22-24 days )... I'm really down girl... sometimes I want to give up... Is too painful...

Hey Viking girl! My daughter is in W. Island! Can't wait to go visit her in June. When is AF due for you? I think I am ovulating today... my CM was egg white yesterday and today. We BD last night so now is the dreaded TWW. If I ovulated today my period will be due on Mothers Day!!!! Would be a great gift to get a BFP!!! Why are you so down? How many months have you been TTC? What are you using during this cycle. The only thing I used was cough medicine bc I'm sick and it also helps to thin out cervical mucus.

6 years ago

Your cycles are short too huh? Mine are between 26-29 days

6 years ago

Oh and yes I am a full time Mommy! I use to work but I don't anymore. I will tell you this.... a housewife's work is never done! I don't stop all day long!!!

6 years ago

Hey girlie!!
U r going to love W.Island!! And YESS!! That would be such a great surprise if u get a BFP on MD!!. I've been down lately..too much work and tiredness...I also been having a creepy negative attitude lately. Hmm.. my periods have been all over the place for the past 6 months.
10/28/16, 11/22/16, 01/16/17, 02/05/17, 02/20/17, 03/19/17, 04/11/17 and now just waiting...
How cool that u get to stay home and be 24/7 with the baby!!
I really hope u can get your special MD Big news!!!

I can totally relate to your frustration. TTC can take its toll on us emotionally and mentally.... I'm asking myself "am I crazy" to try to have another baby so soon. My hands are full with one. And my body isn't what it was 20 years ago! To be honest, I hated being pregnant. I was absolutely miserable. My back hurt soooooo bad and I had all kind of other little bothers not including whacked out hormones. My delivery was the easiest part lol.....

6 years ago

Hey Viking girl. How are you? Where are u at in your cycle? I'm on cd9.

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo