Community post

Discussion

Recurrent losses after healthy pregnancies

I am really in a state of confusion because I can’t understand why my body is failing me. My first two pregnancies were completely normal and I was blessed with two healthy baby girls. Almost three years after my second daughter was born, my son was stillborn at 32 weeks. He was perfect in every way but stopped breathing for reasons I’ll never know. Four months after his death, I had a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum. Fast forward to present day, six years later (my husband and I divorced and then we remarried late last year), I'm currently experiencing a chemical pregnancy. I was overjoyed on Tuesday when I got a BFP after my period was 3 days late but yesterday (Thursday) I suddenly started bleeding fresh red blood followed by cramping and a very heavy flow with blood clots. I am utterly devastated because I don’t know what’s going on. Age may be a factor (I’m 35) but I’m not overweight, eat a healthy diet and have been taking prenatal vitamins for well over a year. I am scheduled to see my doctor this afternoon to figure out what the hell is going on. I assumed that I’d have no problems despite the two losses six years ago but here I am. I’m afraid something is terribly wrong and I won’t have any more children. My husband has been so supportive though which makes me happy and sad at the same time because I can’t give us what we both desire. Has anyone experienced multiple losses after having healthy pregnancies and deliveries? What questions or tests should I ask my doctor to perform?

2 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi MommyB2017!

First I want to say im so sorry for your loses, I can not even begin imagine what you had to go true with losing your son, im so so sorry!
I had 2 back to back cp in 2015, I was heartbroken, tought it will never happen for me, but then I got pregnant 3 cycles laiter and now I have healthy and happy 13 month old! So this year we decided to try for baby #2. Came off pill in march, first month we werent really trying but werent preventing either, never tought we will be lucky to get bfp first month, cos it wasnt easy for us first time around, but fir my surprise I got pregnant, good dark lines, I was over the moon! But then week laiter I started to spotting and even didnt make it to first doc appointment, started bleeding heavy and lost lil bean, and im currently going true mc as well...so I know how you feel...
My doctor before tould me, it wasnt my foult and I didnt do anything wrong, it was something wrong with baby, so it wouldnt survived anyway... and the good news are that we are able to get pregnant naturaly.
Before I had my son, after 2 cp, my doctor wanted do 21 day progesterone test, my levels always were low and month before I conceive my son, I didnt even ovulate, but had + opk.
You are doing everything right, and I hope that v soon you will get rainbow baby hun!
We are back now to really ttc, started temp and gona use opk this month. Hope after mc my cycle return back as normal.

Lods of love

Nikolina

6 years ago

I am sorry to know your story. I would recommend checking sperm quality, doing karyotyping or considering doing PGS NGS

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo