Community post

Discussion

Not sure about Miscarriage am I just in denial?

I went to the doctor on friday(09/01/2015) for a check up and he did his own pregnancy tests (both negative) he said that I had a miscarriage. My HPT's was both positive (one step)&(clear blue digital) my last period was on 20 Nov 2014 and in plantation bleeding was on 21 Dec 2014 two days after my period was late. I took a hpt on 30/12/14 it was positive took another (clear blue) 01/01/15 also positive. Had spotting 02/01/15 bright red, pink and brownish only when I wipe it went away and came back again on and of every other day, there was never any clots or stringy bits. I had very mild cramping nothing heavy at all. Then the day I was at the doctor I started to bleed again pinkish/reddish blood that was more heavy than the spotting and lasted 2 and a half days. So what I'm trying to say is did I really have a MC? I don't understand my bleeding because everywhere I read women say that they had clots and stringy bits accompanied by heavy bleeding and I had none of that! I know everyone is different but I was 7weeks along and there should at least be a bit of clots? Help please :(

Me: 28 DF: 29 TTC: 5 YEARS!! Me: PCOS 3 Rounds Fertomid: BFN Metformin: 500mg Daily December 2014: BFP!! On Our Own!!! M/C: 7 Weeks 1Day TTC FOR RAINBOW BABY 2015! User Image

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

My last period was sept 27 and when I was 12 weeks on dec 21, I use the bathroom and when I wiped it was very light pink. No blood, just very light pink. 2 days later I went in for my first ultrasound and they told me I had a miscarriage, that the baby did not have a heart beat. The baby on the ultrasound only lived to 9 weeks meanwhile I never bleed at all. I too thought that when you have a miscarriage you bleed a lot but that didn't happen for me.

I'm sorry for your lost, I know how it is to be so excited about something you want so bad and for it to be taken from you, it's devastating. I was devastated myself. Don't give up,

9 years ago

Thanks for your advice and comfort. It is a bitter thing to loose a baby :(

Me: 28 DF: 29 TTC: 5 YEARS!! Me: PCOS 3 Rounds Fertomid: BFN Metformin: 500mg Daily December 2014: BFP!! On Our Own!!! M/C: 7 Weeks 1Day TTC FOR RAINBOW BABY 2015! User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

I don't know if your doctor told you this, but you should take folic acid pills. They told me I should take them for 2-3 months before trying again, it will help prevent another miscarriage.

9 years ago

Nope they didn't tell me but I do take them anyway along with some multivitamins.

Thanks for advice it's nice to know I'm not alone

9 years ago • Post starter

I've lost two babies to miscarriage, and one I had heavy bleeding. One I didn't. It can depend on how far along you are, but it can also depend on some other factors.

Praying for you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo