Community post

Discussion

Any advice for someone new to this?

My husband and I are going from "not trying, not preventing" to actively trying. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for us! Was really hoping for good news this cycle, but I'm 14dpo (I think) and got two negatives today. I've been looking into LH strips && plan to get some when AF comes and we start over. I often have very irregular cycles also so I don't know exactly when that will be but I have been having mild cramps and some SUPER light spotting today so maybe AF is on her way. So tips, tricks, advice for someone desperately wanting to be a mommy?

Ps. I have heard losing weight, exercise & healthy eating can help. True? Or not so much?

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi!
I thought I'd reply as I'm fairly new too. My DH and I also went from not preventing to trying this cycle.

What I've found really helpful this cycle is using OPK strips and BBT charting. I actually experienced ovulation pain this cycle as well which coincided exactly with the OPK strips, so knowing the most fertile days is perfect as I think the trick is all about timing it correctly.

I'm on 'O' day today, so behind you, but wishing you lots of GL for this cycle!

I've found from lots and lots of research that the absolute best time is to figure out when you 'O' and BD two days before and the day of (as these are your most fertile days). Hoping that will be the trick as I actually figured out O this cycle!

7 years ago

Thanks so much for your reply! I plan to buy some OPK strips for my next cycle. I'm not sure how the BBT tracking works, to be honest. I will have to read up on it.

I played the waiting game for 2 weeks so I could test & now we are waiting for AF! Do you know any tips to making a cycle more regular?

Good luck & prayers for you!! Hope you get your BFP! ?

Kaitlyn

7 years ago • Post starter

The first one takes awhile to conceive. Bed often ;) Dont stress yourself out. Itll happen. Took about a year and a half to conceive my son. After that its pretty easy to conceive.

User image

7 years ago

Hberry,
Thanks!! We have been "not preventing" for about 6-7 months. With tracking ovulation, maybe it won't take so long! Looking forward to my BFP!

Kaitlyn

7 years ago • Post starter

Kaitlyn,

I'm very new to BBT charting. The OPK strips work amazing though, got very clear positive and had the strip succession as well. Also ovulation pain happened the same day I had the strong positive. It's so fun seeing the strong positive tests!

The BBT charting I'm still not sure about. I've been taking my temp every day, but haven't seen a rise yet (was expecting it to rise today to be honest), but from what I've been reading, it can take a few days after O to see a rise. I think the idea behind the BBT charting is that you do it for a few cycles to compare them, and it can confirm that you actually ovulated - which is also good if you have irregular cycles.

I have pretty regular 26 day cycles, but I experience spotting for a few days before AF which is a bit weird and new to me in the last few cycles. I don't really know much about how to make cycles more regular, but I do know that last year I was exercising and watching what I ate (lost 30 lbs!) and at the time my cycles were 28 days. I've since moved to another country and my lifestyle is more stationery, and my cycles are now 26 day cycles (plus spotting which I'm not counting as AF). So I'm guessing diet/exercise does play a part, though I don't know how much a part it really plays.

I've cut out caffeine in the last couple of cycles and have been eating a lot more veggies and fruit, so hoping this helps - especially sweet potatoes and pineapple as I heard they are great fertility foods.

7 years ago

Hi Hberry,

How's your TTC journey going? I remember you from another post!

Good luck and baby dust to both of you!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo