Community post

Discussion

Clearblue fertility monitor

Is it worth paying for the Clearblue monitor? I found one for $103 on ebay and it seems like a good price. I know the test strips are pretty expensive, but I'm tired of playing with cheap OPKs that don't give a clear answer.

45 & 60 and starting over. Aidan 2/9/17 Praying for another

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I don't have one, but someone in another group was sharing her experience with it. It sounds very nice, but you can get it for that price new from Walmart or other retailer. The sticks run about $40 for 30, so that isn't too bad.

Anyway, I am trying out the Clearblue Advanced Digital this cycle. It is the next best thing to the monitor. The sticks run $35 for 10. So you come out with a better deal buying the monitor if you use it 4mos or more.

Good luck!

7 years ago

I didn't think to check Wal-Mart. It's $109.99 there. Not bad.

This month I'm having an unusually long cycle so neither the monitor or digital OPKs would have been good for me. I'd like something different for next month. Being 45 I feel I don't have time to play around.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hit up ebay for ur test strips. Look for expired ones, u'll save a tonne of $$$ and they work the exact same. Seriously, I used tests from 2012 and got 5 BFP's (2 sticky) from them. The older they are, the cheaper they get, but u usually won't find anything past a few months becuz ppl Iike me grab the year or older ones.

Look for the CB advanced ones (with the reader), as well. They're the exact same test, just with a reader. They'll go for cheaper cuz the reader will most likely be dead...no biggie if ur buying the monitor. Save money where u can, u don't know how long u'll be doing this for and full price tests can cost u an arm and a leg, months/years down the road.

Which monitor were u looking at?

7 years ago

This one here.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152349286306?NAV=HOME

I had read that the expired ones still worked just as good so I thought I'd start there if I do get one. I'll have to look for the advanced ones. I didn't realize there were different ones.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to see it's been well worth it for you.

I don't see any advanced tests except the regular ones. Do you have a pic or a link?

I haven't searched for them in a while. Search, clearblue fertility sticks, clearblue fertility tests, clearblue digital ovulation, clearblue advanced ovulation. Try separating clear and blue with those terms, also try spelling ovulation wrong. U'd be surprised how many list and get two letters backwards. It only shows for u if u have the other words in their title. The ones I have (older monitor, not the advanced one ur buying) are a light grey test in boxes of 20 or 30. The "advanced" ones (same test) are light grey with a purple cap. U can buy either and have it work, just don't buy the ones with the pink cap. Those are LH only.

Are u taking any supplements to try and shorten ur cycles/induce O/improve egg quality?

7 years ago

I'm doing a lot of supplements right now. Some for adrenal support as I've been sick and I'm coming off steroids. Some for egg quality too. Too many too remember. I have a list saved on my laptop. Lol

I think I'm having a long cycle for a few reasons. Illness, the emotional stress of losing my son, and possibly because I'm taking DHEA. I'm coming off that as I decrease the steroids. I am thinking about getting some labs done to see where my hormone and cortisol levels are. There are several places that will do this without needing to involve your doctor and it's usually cheaper than going through them.

I'm not too upset about a long cycle this month. I'd rather be feeling well to TTC. I figure when my body is up to the task my cycle will return. I may try some progesterone cream to induce a period if it goes too long just so I can have the testing done because it needs to be done on a certain cycle day.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo