Community post

Discussion

6.2 weeks-No Heartbeat, No Yolk Sac but fetal pole

I had ultrasound done on 3 Apr 17, which showed me as 4 weeks 4 days, so everything seemed normal (just the gestational sac). Went in for another ultrasound to verify viability 13 Apr 17, and the fetal pole measure 6 weeks 2 days, no heartbeat and they couldn't find the yolk sac. I was told that I was going to miscarry and he gave me different options on how I could possibly carry out my miscarriage. I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue before or something similar. I just think its too early for heartbeat, and regarding the yolk sac ....i don't know how the baby wouldve appeared without the yolk sac??? Any opinions good or bad ...?

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

So sorry to hear this, I know you must be devastated with this diagnosis.

I would say do what feels right for u. If u prefer to wait to see and possibly have a natural miscarriage then do that.if you can't bear to stand the wait with that u may want to go another way. When I miscarried it was natural. Two weeks bed rest and watching my baby go down the toilet. But there was no need for me to do a dnc so it was just natural.

Discuss it with your dh and do what's right for u.

I wish u all the best as you continue on your journey.

7 years ago

Hi,

I don't know what they mean by no yolk sac. But this happened to me that sac was empty at 7.3 weeks. It had stopped developing beyond 6 weeks, I was already bleeding slightly when I went for the ultrasound so I half knew it was a missed miscarriage.they suggested I go there naturally, which I think was a good decision. Unless you have a complication and the mc needs to be induced, d&c could be avoided.

I returned to normal in two weeks, got my periods and also constantly kept monitoring the hcg level for the whole week, until it went down completely. Which it did in time and ovulated right on time etc.

I suggest going naturally esp. since it's isn't as advanced. This is my two bits. Sorry for your loss and chin up. :)

7 years ago

So you're measuring right ontrack then? There's no reason for them to tell you you're miscarrying. Get another scan done in a week or so, to confirm, before making any decisions.

7 years ago

That's a bit confusing... I agree that there wouldn't be an embryo without a yolk sac. doesn't the fetal pole come after the yolk sac.
I had a missed miscarriage. was supposed to be 7 weeks based on lmp but measured 5 weeks, with yolk sac but no pole. if you are measuring on track with ovulation or lmp then I would wait. if you are going to miscarry, let it be naturally.

7 years ago

I should be measuring 8 weeks (lmp) but I do have PCOS which causes irregular ovulation. I am just upset on how they handled my overall pregnancy, at 4 week ultrasound I was told then that I would miscarry since I should be 6 weeks but I requested for another ultrasound and then it showed the fetal pole measuring at 6.2 weeks but no heartbeat and no yolk sac. My doctor and nurse kept asking me if I had any pain, cramping in bleeding at all..which I haven't at all but they ask if it was possible I was lying to them....WTH! Why, would I lie about something like that....I decided to have another ultrasound done in about 2 weeks, but doctor didn't seem happy about my request. He basically told me, that my results won't change. If nothing has changed then I will have a the miscarriage naturally.

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm so sorry, this happened to me. They scheduled me for another ultrasound two weeks later just in case, however, a week and a half later I miscarried. I will pray that you have a better outcome.

7 years ago

I went to the recurrent miscarriage clinic in February to find out why I get pregnant and miscarry every time, and found out I was 7-8weeks pregnant but large abnormal shaped sac with no fetal pole or anything, I miscarried the same day and bled for nearly 2 weeks. It's such a cruel world at times, our hormones and bodies start to prepare for something and then this happens. I've somehow managed to stay positive and pick myself up after all 5 miscarriages and now I'm pregnant again. I hope you get some answers soon, take care.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo