Community post

Discussion

Newly pregnant and need a friend

I just took two tests this morning and it was automatically positive on both of them. Backstory- I am a 21 year old college grad, with a boyfriend we've been together for awhile and we did not actively try for this to happen. But it did so now we're here.

I've been crying all morning with all these emotions:

"What if I'm a cruddy parent?"
"What if my boyfriend leaves and we don't make it?"
"What can't I eat or do?"
"What if I mess up in pregnancy and as a parent?"
"What if I stress too much?"
"How will I tell my mom?!" (As I still live with her to save some money)

My boyfriend is slightly angry as we don't make a lot of money at the moment. He fears we won't make it and I know we can. I just I don't know what to do. I'm so young and this is such a (one day hopefully soon for us, lovely) shock. He said he wouldn't leave he's just worried financially- is this normal for a guy?

Please don't bash on me, I'm just so scared and I'm sure one day soon we will be happy and excited. I just need a friend.

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hello, never posted on this site before but I saw your message and thought I'd reply. I had my son when I was 18, prior to college of course and had no money. My boyfriend had nothing either and began getting jobs as a cook. I took advantage of WIC and whatever I could. I used credit cards when I had to. I survived, graduated from college and am fine now. I know how scary it can be to tell your mom. My mom didn't even know I had a boyfriend. She was my biggest supporter and although I know I dissapointed her she never made me feel as if I did. I didn't know what I was doing when I had my son. I remember staring at him when I brought him home and thinking "what am I supposed to do?" "Am I supposed to talk to him out loud?" My mom recently told me that she was worried in the beginning but one day she had came home and found my son fed, changed, and quietly resting; she said she knew then that I'd be ok. And I was; 18 year old son is now about to graduate high school. Just wanted to reach out again and let you know that it will be ok :) Congrats

7 years ago

Omega ~ I'll be there for you. My husband and I are struggling too. He lost his job a few weeks ago and there are 3 kids. ( 2 step for him and 1 biological) with the possibility of a 4th on the way. Im going tomorrow to get a for sure test since mine was very faint line. There are a lot of places that will help expecting couples. Wic is a very good one.

User image

7 years ago

I was 20 yr old when I had my daughter and my ex husband left me when she was 4 months old. Being a young parent is not easy but it can be done! Its a lot of hard work. As for your mom, you will want to map out a little but of what to say. If you were my daughter at 19 yr in college and pregnant, I would be upset at first but I would get over it and be supportive. This your grandchild you are caring. But I would let her know you want to take care of this baby and you want to be a great mom and you need her advise and wisdom. Stay in school! Do your best to finish school, I did not go to school ,and though I make a good amount of money and my husband and I do not struggle like others, we do have to work a lot to be where we are. You can do this, being a parent is amazing, and I am happy with having my daughter when I did, I don't regret it. I would not be the person I am today without having my struggles. Also my cousin, had her son at 15yr!! Her mom helped her, and she is an amazing parent now at 23yr. Here if you need to talk! Good luck!

7 years ago

Omega feel free to message me your concerns. I could maybe help give you some insight and maybe some resources if you need.

User image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo