Community post

Discussion

Therapy session: Sick of hearing these words?

Hi ladies!

I'm starting this thread to rant... I know I must not be alone in this, but I feel like it so much!

So DH and I have been trying for a second baby for just over a year now. I'm tired and sometimes I just want to give up. A tough part of it is: I feel I have no one to talk too, no one in my circle understands! Even my husbands words hurt. I know people mean well, but they're simply ignorant to all that struggling with fertility means! Now I get it, it's been a year and I do have our perfect little boy, and I am SO grateful. Many others have it much worse. For those TTC for many years and/or number 1... there are now words, my heart breaks for you...

So for example, I have many family members and co-workers say things like: You're son is so cute, don't you think it's time for another one? Or: Ohh you're not feeling well? You must be pregnant! Closer friends and even DH has said: You want it too badly. Or: It will happen when the time is right, be patient. Or: You're so focused on it that you're stressing yourself out, you'll never get pregnant if you don't relax a little. And for our 2 miscarriages: 'It' just wasn't meant to be. Or: Thats life, at least it wasn't a baby you lost.

Again.. maybe I'm over sensitive as I know these people mean well. But I hate it so I don't talk to anyone about it anymore because it aggravates and hurts me to hear these things. I even keep DH in the dark when I get AF, when I test... all of it, all to myself. Is anyone else feeling all of this?

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo