Community post

Discussion

Question about chemical pregnancy or early MC?

So, I ovulated around mid March, and had a ton of pregnancy symptoms a couple weeks later. They were absolutely not any ovulation or PMS symptoms that I've ever had before. (In fact, they were the same symptoms I had when pregnant before, when I had a m/c at 7 weeks.) Tested negative but period was several days away.

I just got AF yesterday and it was WAY worse than normal. Part of this was probably that I wasn't taking my normal pain meds (in case I was preggers) but it went beyond that - pain that lasted for hours despite meds and heating pad, vomiting, etc. I actually had to leave work (no small deal, as I'm a teacher and my school had to scramble to find coverage for me) and later that night I was up for hours.

However, the flow was relatively light. (Not light enough to be implantation bleeding but lighter than my typical AF - and I associate more cramps with more bleeding.)

My question is - how likely is it that this was a chemical pregnancy which didn't "take", and if so, is that a good or bad sign, or neither?

1 Reply • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Every period will be different. So my suggestion to you, is just wait it out and see what happens next cycle. Even normal periods can vary on length, sensation and bleeding amount :(

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo