Community post

Discussion

12 dpo and cramps, painful cramps

I've had cramps since Sunday 8dpo. Gas, bloating and constipation on and off? Possible implantation pain? Could I be pregnant with little miracle #2? Monday is 16dpo and my birthday. Should I wait out this pain and test again? I did a test today and it looks to be bfn. Never had cramps or gas like this with my DD. I need some help on this please!!!

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi Abby Maria, I am in the same boat as you. I am 12 DPO today and I had already got several BFPs yesterday , but last night I experienced AF type cramps, to the point where I thought maybe my tests were wrong & i am definitely getting AF!
But this morning I tested again and got two more BFP's. So it seems cramping like AF is coming or is already here is a symptom of pregnancy!

6 years ago

Thanks Clsberg, my dear fiance doesn't want me to worry about it and to not test anymore. He says just wait and see what happens and we'll go from there. He doesn't understand how I feel about it cause it's my body going through it and my excitement. Its hard to wait a whole week not knowing. Whether he knows or not i do plan on taking a test mon cause its my 30th bday and something tells me to. Thanks for the reply. Before you tested, did you have any symptoms that made you feel like you should test?

6 years ago • Post starter

Hey Abby Maria, HPTs are expensive and my DH also tells me not to use them that much (I just bought another 2-pack FRER today!), but at 12 DPO, I agree that you should test at least once a day, bc HPTs can pick up on your pregnancy before your expected AF date.

I surprisingly didn't have that many symptoms before I tested, except for abnormal fatigue, but I have been low energy this whole cycle.

But today I have feelings of heavy uterus (like when I am just about to get my period) and cramping on and off.

Aside from that, I saw a doctor today to get a blood test, and she was surprised that I have not experienced any nausea, food attractions or aversions, and abnormal sore breasts.

I told her that I'm just 12 DPO, not even 2 days before expected AF, the HCG is still settling in, I don't expect to be feeling all the symptoms yet, but now I am really anxious to get the blood and urine test results from the doc's!! May even take another HPT tomorrow.

Good luck to you hun, keep me posted and I shall do the same!

6 years ago

Congrats on your bfp. I only buy walmart cheapie tests then if i see a possible positive then I'll follow up with a clear blue digi. That's what i did the first time i was pregnant. I haven't tested yet today but i did go buy some more cheapies. Thinking about taking one tonight. Last night before bed i had sharp stabbing pains in the lower right of my abdomen but it didn't last long. Today that area is still sensitive. Still have some pressure and mild cramping. What do you think? Should I test tonight or wait?

I also had that sharp pain on the right side of my lower abdomen. Sometimes it felt like it was burning, sometimes I felt like I was being stabbed all the way through and I could feel it in my back. (Very uncomfortable)
I would say take the test but there is a chance that it might not be accurate if you have been drinking and urinating. Maybe hold off on the bathroom for four hours and don't drink too much liquid, this will give you a concentrated sample.
Good luck!

6 years ago

I only went 2x today and had 2 sips of water. So if i test it'll be later tonight when dear fiance isn't going to know. If not tonight maybe tomorrow morning with fmu.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo