Community post

Discussion

First time trying, and I'm already losing it

Just need some guidance as to whether I'm going "normal" crazy or actually crazy.

Don't know for sure when I ovulated, but my period was March 9, putting my fertile window around March 20. We did the BD every day in the window!

About a week ago, I felt minor cramps.

A few days after that, and every day since then, I had sore boobs and been intermittently nauseous. It comes and goes, so isn't a bug. Ive also had minor cramps the last several days. I've had some other symptoms too but those too seem the most obvious. I'm also hugely bloated ...boo.

I feel like everything I read online says you can't feel symptoms his early so I've either miscalculated ovulation, or I'm PMSing. If so, this would be the weirdest PMS ever. I have never had symptoms like this for anything else in my life. Could I have some sort of psychological pregnancy???

I've taken 3 early detection tests but all are neg :(. If I have all these symptoms, should SOMETHING be showing up on these tests? I'm going crazy with this symptom spotting. My period is due Friday. Ugh!!!

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi!

I feel like I could have typed your post a couple of weeks ago! Also ttc for first time, we are onto cycle 2 now. Last month I felt similar to you I don't think your crazy.. I think I was just tuning into every little thing as a sign or symptom now that we are trying! And surely that's to be expected?! PMS and early signs can be similar so you might not be out just yet! Were you on pill or anything before? I have also decided that my body is probably just settling down after contraception, I had sore boobs for days and thought I never get this I have to be pregnant? and although I was so sure we BD all around ovulation maybe I wasn't ovulating right then. Hope you get your BFP but if you are trying again next cycle I think you will be more relaxed I know I am, I have decided it might take a while and I can't control it so just going with it and looked at my cycles over the last few months and sometimes I was af was a little early so who knows maybe I'm ovulating a little earlier too or who knows when I am so increased the number of BD days either side of what I think is mid cycle! ! Also started to pay attention to CM more and think I might have ovulated D9/10 this month! But I think if I get signs or symptoms this time I won't be as hopeful and will be expecting AF and take it as a nice Very welcomed surprise if it doesn't! Good luck!! Hope your symptoms are hinting at a Bfp to come very soon and if not it is only month 1!

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply! I am so confused about it being PMS because it started two weeks before my period. I never get PMS more than. A couple days before AF is due. But, I changed my diet to be more TTC friendly, and I started drinking (whole) milk again. I'm becoming more convinced that I'm just lactose intolerant (I normally only drink almond milk) hence the nausea and maybe even the soreness?

I've always wanted a big family and I'm 34, so the clock is becoming more like a time bomb and I'm in total panic mode. I have other friends in their mid 30s who've been TTC for a year, and I'm amazed at their ability to stay positive. I don't feel like I can do this ....but obviously it's not up to me!

Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you, too!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Again could have written your last post! I have family members that took a long time and last month I was like it's been a month how did they do this for so long and not go crazy! im a couple of years younger but with the way my job works we can only try for six months or so then would need to take a break so I was getting hung up on that too and the fact my mom had her kids much younger and a fairly young menopause I am aware that it's not as easy as maybe I thought for all those years of my 20s trying to prevent it! You could have ovulated earlier, some people seem to just know straight away I had a friend who kept testing negative and told her surgeon she was due surgery and she tested negative again but she asked them to use drugs for anaesthesia that would be safe in pregnancy and low and behold she was right it turned positive a couple of weeks later!

7 years ago

That's so crazy about your friend… At first I was so "sure" but I recognize that all of this could be wishful thinking on my part. It is amazing how people deal with this for so long… I am in awe of them. Not to say that it won't be me someday, too.

Lots of baby dust to you! I think that there something hard about starting… It's like you're testing it for the first time to see if it works. Maybe it isn't this all consuming every single month.

Knowledge is power, and is also dangerous. :)

Hi ladies

We tried for the first time, too this cycle.
Can't wait.

to all

User Image

7 years ago

I'm in the exact same boat right now - Holabebes, I see your original was posted three weeks ago. Did you ever get your BFP in that cycle?

Anna, this is our first time TTC and first cycle also, so nerve-wracking!

I'm 9-10ish DPO and have been having all the exact same symptoms for about 5-6 days. Two HPT have given me a BFN so far but it's still early - I'm dying for a BFP in the next four or five days before AF is due to arrive! I'll be POAS daily until my BFP or AF!

7 years ago

Hi firstbaby ... nope, got a BFN. I have a ton of symptoms and it was very weird. Everyone told me it was just PMS, but I don't know… I've been getting PMS for the last 25 years, and it had never been like that before. I am currently in another two week wait, and having weird symptoms again, this time I have decided not to test till AF is due.

Like, yes… Sore boobs and bloating, I can see how that could be either PMS or pregnancy symptoms. But on and off nausea and a metallic taste in your mouth? Weird. I actually think I may have been pregnant and then I just didn't "take" or I had a miscarriage. My period that I got was really painful. *shrug*

Luck to us both!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo