Community post

Discussion

Spotting on progesterone cream 2 DPO

I'm 3 DPO and on my first cycle using progesterone cream and yesterday (TMI alert) I had watery fresh blood when I wiped, and nothing since then except a hint of old brown blood. Has anyone else experienced this when starting progesterone cream? I should mention I'm breastfeeding a ten month old and 43 years old, and I started the progesterone cream to try to lengthen my luteal phases which have been from 7-10 days each cycle because of the breastfeeding.

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi! I had this all the time on progesterone creams. Not sure which cream you're using, but for me with the Crinone, (TMI) you had to actually take out the leftovers manually every single day as I was told that was irritating. I was finally switched to tablets (vaginal) which did not cause this irritation.

7 years ago

OH gosh, thank you for replying. I'm just using the emerita topical cream and applying it to my inner forearms ... I just had the watery red spotting yesterday, 2DPO, but then nothing today, although I've had horrid cramps today, so I'm attributing that to the progesterone cream as well?

7 years ago • Post starter

Omg, I'm on day 4 of cream and I'm having serious cramping and I too was spotting at 2dpo. Can you please help me and tell me if this cramping goes away and has it returned? Are you cramping all through your cycle with the cream? I feel like I'm about to start my period. And I have loads of creamy cm. (Sorry tmi) The cramping is really bad though.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo