Community post

Discussion

In the TWW. Looking for friends to commiserate with

View Full Post

Hi all!

I got my birth control out in January and we have been trying for the past couple of months. I'm in my TWW now and I'm 8 DPO.

Before having my first, we suffered through 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage. Son is now 2 years old and will turn 3 in June.

I'm looking for people to connect with so that we can cheer each other on and commiserate about life with.

<a href=

357 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 357 Replies | Last Page

@Hberry - that's GREAT!!!! So, what is the "bleach" test???

7 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I feel like I'm going crazy because it's only cycle 1 & I just came off ortho tri cyclen lo (been off it since midMarch) It's going to be a long wait. My friend was in the same situation last month, but it happened right away for her! I'm hoping maybe I get lucky like that too. Lots of odd symptoms but my DH suspects it's my body adjusting to life without the pill. I've taken breaks before from BC, and never felt like this but I'm also one of those people who can feel psychosomatic symptoms :( - I bought a box of FRERs with a lot of hope this morning because this is day 2 for me of a lot of smell sensitivity and gagging. I *think* I'm 10 dpo.

7 years ago

Smartbaby - the bleach test is where you use your fmu and the pour some bleach in the cup with the urine and if it foams and fizzes its positive. If there is no reaction then negative. Theres a bunch who have posted it on youtube.

User image

7 years ago

@Hberry - thanks!

...so I looked it up...and I found some other natural home testing methods...I am actually excited to try some of these...lol

What a fun science experiment!

I think it would be so cool to see something turn blue. I am going to try the vinegar or toothpaste or hydrogen peroxide and Tylenol method. Probably try the last one because its the least amount of handling of FMU...lol

7 years ago

Hi girls, we are also ready for baby number 2 and have been trying in the last couple of months. I am hoping to get pregnant this year and will be doing pregnancy vlogs on youtube.
I just opened a youtube channel and I am posting all sort of videos regularly. Please go and check it out and we can stay in touch about our journeys with TTC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCQBWfhP86Q0sDghGQDXtQA

By the way my son will be 2 this June and I would love for him to have a little sibbling fairly close in age to play with and cuddle next year :)

baby dust

7 years ago

Smartbaby- vinegar test has to sit for quite awhile. Theres also one where you leave your fmu sit and if a white foam forms on top then you're pregnant.

User image

7 years ago

@Hberry - I like the tylenol one because they say you pour it in the commode and don't have to collect urine

I never knew such things existed...I just like the idea of the color change

7 years ago

I thought it was different and I tried for the heck of it and sure enough I ended up with a positive result.

User image

7 years ago

Thats fantastic Hberry congrats! Did your urine test come back positive at the docs? You must be so excited! So will you have a 2017 or 2018 baby?

Thats so interesting about the hpts I didn't know there were such a thing as home remedies to check for a BFP. Will see how this cycle goes!

I am CD12 and had a lot of ewcm today so I am thinking that this is my fertile window. It is probably the first time in the past few cycles that I have noticed for sure that that's what it is. As I know when you come off BC it takes 3-6 months for your cycles to regulate.

I had acupuncture today with my MIL who had been doing it on my back but noticed other bits so we had a a "professional" chat about cycles etc. She said before that she could do needles on me to boost fertility if I wished so I will think about that. TBH we have been more not preventing rather than actively ttc #1 so hopefully it happens in good time. We are in no rush we are only 28 and 30 and married over 6 months but I am hoping for it to happen in good time for maternnity leave too so I will have more time with baby down the line.

Best of luck to everyone ttc

7 years ago

GinSue - I went to Hope Life Center and they gave me the urine test. In 2 weeks I can get an US through them to confirm my pregnancy.

User image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo