Community post

Discussion

trying for twins

just a little curious in those ladies who would love to have twins whether its secretly or just something your are going for

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I would love to have twins! Not sure how genetics run but dhs family has a history of them! Im probably crazy but i think it would be amazing. :)

User Image

12 years ago

Ever since I was very young, I've wanted to have twins. My husbands sister had identical twins. My maternal grandmother's mother (great grandma) had fraternal boy girl twins. On the same side of the family, there a 2 sets of twins as well. One is identical and the other remains to be seen. She just found out! All the twins were naturally conceived. I hope I can get in on the twin action too!

User Image

12 years ago

i know the feeling when i was a little girl i have always had this dream that i went into labor and it was twins that i gave birth to crazy i do want twins and my dad is a twin not sure if it counts on my part i heard it can skip a generation but i hope not i an also on clomid and i know that can increase your chances a little i would love twins but if we get one i am very thankful as well after2yrs of trying i will take whatever GOD has in store for us

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi. I would love to have twins. It would be alot of hard work though. Im almost 40 and just hope that I will be blessed enough to have one more child. I have a 16yr old and a 2 yr old. With my first I thought that would be it. I was happy with one. As I got older I just really wanted more children and thought Id try while I still may have a chance. Just stopped breast feeding my two year old. She just didnt want to stop. Now I may have a chance once the breast feeding chemicals get out of my system.
I wish you all the best of luck in conceiving and hope that all the women out there praying to have a child will have their wishes come true.

12 years ago

Twins run in my family, my sis has faternal twins boy&girl, other sis 2 sets of twins all girls also faternal. I am the only one out of us girls that has not had twins I have been blessed with 4 healthy kids g /20, b/18, b/15, b/6. My dh and I are TTC as none of my older 4 are his. it has been a long 6 month journey trying. He would love to have twins maybe this time is my chance but it scares the heck out of me even the thought because I know how hard it to raise twins best of luck ladies... baby dust to all

User Image

12 years ago

twins run on my mother and father's side. Runs in Dan's family too... I have thought that chances of twins for me at 41 may be great and to tell you the truth, I welcome it!

User Image

12 years ago

I am working on conceiving twins right now! I'm in my TWW after trying a few supplements and meds.

My protocol is as follows, if you're interested in my personal journey. If you want to know what other people have done, join up at TTCTwins.com, they have given me some amazing information and a great community to learn from and lean on.

Dietary/Behavioral (different from usual):
switch from low fat to full fat dairy products
get lots of sunshine, particularly early morning

Supplements:
Prenatal
B, C, D
Fish Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Black Cohosh
Cassava (I got mine from cassavashop.com, here is a 10% off coupon code that will probably work: 10FORGOS)

Medicines:
Clomid, 50 mgs taken days 3-7 in my cycle
Follistim, 75 IUs days 8-12 in my cycle
Ovidrel, 6500 IUs taken on day 14 of my cycle

The clomid and follistim are to help mature more than one egg, and the ovidrel is for actually releasing more than one egg. They are usually used for women who are infertile but I am not (to my knowledge), I am taking them to try to conceive twins. The Evening Primrose Oil and Black Cohosh are only to be taken until ovulation, they help mitigate the side effects of the medicines. Cassava is supposed to help the probability of twins.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be glad to help. Here's hoping this cycle is my first and last trying to conceive twins!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo