Community post

Discussion

Newly married, older, TTC!

just got married in December...my husband and I lived in different states so I would be with him like every other weekend or few weeks...I just moved in with him on 03-03-17...so I figure we would have better conception chances now that we are together all the time...yay! I love him so much...well I am 43 and he is 52. He has a 24 yr old daughter from a previous and I have a 24 year old daughter and 18 year old son from a previous relationship...I do VERY MUCH PRAY AND HOPE TO CONCEIVE! I hope there are others in same category as us to.whom I can relate

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

You are not alone! I'm 41, will be 42 in May, and am TTC for the first time. I'm in my third month of trying. My fiance, who's younger (34), had a vasectomy reversal in December (he has 3 from his first marriage). We were fortunate to conceive our first try, but I miscarried at 5 weeks. No luck the 2nd month and may have potentially hit it this month....same symptoms as first time and I had the faintest of lines show up on a HPT but I had a temp dip this morning...so not sure if it's an implantation dip or if it just didn't stick and AF is on her way. My best friend just told me me today I shouldn't test every day or take my temps and that I should just "relax". I was hoping to share this aspect of my journey with her but she had her kids when she was younger so, as dearly as I love her, I'm just chalking her comments up to not getting it. So, I turned here and saw your post! <3 For me, doing my BBT and taking the tests does keep me calm and I enjoy the process. With my age, I'll likely do this once, and I'm hopeful. To me the anticipation of holding off from testing and not doing my temps is way worse. When that line first turns pink, no matter how faint, I want to see it and celebrate it. Oh, and ps, I just learned one of my good friends, who is 43, is 11 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child. So, we've got this girlfriend!!! I'm sending you much love and positive energy.

7 years ago

Hey there! Thank u so very very much for your post...seems like we are on a similar journey with our ages...lol! Some people just wouldn't get it...especially at our "age"...and I am so sorry to hear about your loss...I had a miscarriage many years ago...it qas very painful...I pray you are blessed with your heart's desire for a-baby. I just bouggt a bunch of the $1 pregnancy tests at thev $1 store...i jyst took one and it was negative...but just had my last period on 03/05/2017....and have had some intimacy with husband after cycle finushed...i am praying all things have been timed well...my periods are about 24 days apart.....i know it's too early to tell as i am probably jyst now at my fertile period.
Please keep in touch...sorry for typos...am on my cell phone!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hey there! Thank u so very very much for your post...seems like we are on a similar journey with our ages...lol! Some people just wouldn't get it...especially at our "age"...and I am so sorry to hear about your loss...I had a miscarriage many years ago...it qas very painful...I pray you are blessed with your heart's desire for a-baby. I just bouggt a bunch of the $1 pregnancy tests at thev $1 store...i jyst took one and it was negative...but just had my last period on 03/05/2017....and have had some intimacy with husband after cycle finushed...i am praying all things have been timed well...my periods are about 24 days apart.....i know it's too early to tell as i am probably jyst now at my fertile period.
Please keep in touch...sorry for typos...am on my cell phone!

7 years ago • Post starter

i just want to share light on my experience about me giving birth to my first child after marriage, shout it loud, go out and reach others who have not heard of it was what got on my mind after i saw the result of my pregnancy test i did which was positive. mother iya basira is really doing a great works within and outside just try it and you will testify just as i am testifying now, i have this infection that lead to womb blockage and there was no hope at all the hospital i went said nothing but that there on hope for 4 years that i have waited no child then i came across mother iya basira recommended to me by my sister and she is a wonderful native herbalist who told me she can do it but i was scared because she was a lady but since i had no child i have to comply with how she will help with her powerful medicine and i carried my child in three weeks in contact with her and using her herbs, just try it and see your time to celebrate has come for women who seek permanent solution to their giving birth problem . you can reach mother iya her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/native.iyabasira and her email address is nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com

7 years ago

I would like to share my success story to every woman out there trying to conceive, My husband and I have been trying to have a child since we got married June 2013 and nothing happen so i was online searching for a solution when i come across a comment of a lady talking about Iya Hindi Root and herbs that she use and she got pregnant with it so decided to give a try to Iya Hindi herbal Medicine product for one month and i got a positive result i became pregnant .Our son is now 10 months old and we are so blessed! We thank God everyday for our precious gift.I will definitely recommend Iya hindi native to anyone who is also searching for a solution to Contact him .( hindinative@yahoo.com ) .Please continue with your good work to make more couples happy.

6 years ago

Hi ladies,
I'm 45 and naturally pregnant in my third trimester. It took me 21/2 years but I have other issues that I'm sure hindered the process. I also married late and had my first child at 38 and didn't think I'd be lucky enough to be pregnant at my age. I charted my bbt (how else can you be positive ovulation has happened? It also showed I had a short luteal phase) and used opk's so I didn't miss ovulation. I took vitex from cd1 to ovulation and it lengthened my lp from 8 to 12 days, I also took macca root as it boosts fertility naturally and is completely natural and safe.
It can happen and will happen so don't give up ladies, don't listen to negative people and follow your heart as it will all be worth it! Good luck on your journey

6 years ago

I will be 42 in may and have just started trying by IUI this time around I'm at 10 DPO and have charted my BBT from the beginning. My BBt seemed to stay at around 97.3 throughout my whole fertile window. Spiked down to 97.0 at ov. Then has elevated and stayed at 97.9 since. Is this a good sign I'm not sure. I'm glad to see others in the same age range as myself and wish for everyone a H&H one!

6 years ago

Hi ladies! 40 1/2 and TTC since 7/2014...tried naturally with 2 miscarriages, went for testing in Feb. (good results, thank you God), and was put on Clomid. Currently on second cycle and optimistic for all of us ladies!
Kerzie, I love hearing your story, thanks for sharing it!
Shezza, so hopeful for you !

We're having a baby!!!

6 years ago

Keep on keeping on ladies! We've got this!!! I just got a VFP today after a chemical pregnancy last month and early miscarriage in January. We're hitting the target, just waiting for the little one's timing to enter the universe. Hopefully, this is it and the line keeps getting darker.

6 years ago

Thanks ladies for all of your responses! Is it hard to get prescribed clomid? Also...do u ladies feel more amourus to your husbands at time of ovulation?

6 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo