Community post

Discussion

Going crazy over symptoms!

I started 500 mg metformin this cycle. I do not have PCOS but was started to boost ovulation. I ovulated late on CD22.

Started spotting 8 dpo. I have been spotting for 6 days now. Only when I wipe and never on my pad. My boobs have been killing me since ovulation. Sometimes it's all over breast pain, sometimes nipples, and sometimes the burning sensation. I've also had some constipation here and there.

I had an appointment today to double the metformin. She said the spotting could just be my period this month. I've always had full, heavy periods. I'm not even cramping this cycle.

I did have a BFN 12 dpo. I won't retest until this spotting stops. Think I'm out of the game?

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hmmm BFN at 12Dpo doesn't sound too promising, however, I have seen:heard of women getting their BFP later on... maybe you ovulated later or your HCG levels aren't high enough! All those symptoms sound really promising though, especially the spotting at 8DPO which could implantation. You should stop spotting soon (hopefully).
Stay positive!! Ya never know...

User Image

7 years ago

I agree that it doesn't sound promising. I've just never had my boobs hurt during AF. And I've definitely never had an AF like this. We shall see!

On the bright side, if this is AF, I can't complain about the bleeding or pain, just the extreme emotions haha

7 years ago • Post starter

Maybe it's the metformin messing around with your period.but if it really is your period then you had a really short luteal phase

7 years ago

I agree on the luteal phase being short if this is AF. Usually I have an 11 day luteal phase.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo