Community post

Discussion

New cycle buddies.. tips??

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading!
I'm on day 1 of cycle 4 TTC after two losses. Been TTC for number 4 for almost a year now.
I'm starting this thread for others starting a new cycle needing a 'boost'.
Maybe we can share tips on how to increase our odds! Though I don't have too much to offer. I can say, my Doctor told me the biggest thing was to take good care of myself. Eat lots of fresh produce, regular exercise and plenty of sleep! I also found that BDing every OTHER day has really done the trick for me!
Anyone else have some tips? I've been reading about pre-seed, anyone have any experience with it?

21 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 21 Replies | Last Page

Hello!

I started my cycle 2 weeks ago (i'm 1dpo) but what I think has really helped me a lot is staying hydrated. I don't think I was drinking enough water before this month because my cm was extremely hard to read because there was hardly anything there. I really focused on drinking more water since cm is mostly water anyway, and I saw a huge difference in just a month. I was able to see the fertility signals from my body much better and plan around that.

User Image

7 years ago

Hi esteeflwrpot!
Yes, I have read that about keeping hydrated. Water really works wonders in so many ways!! Hoping seeing those fluids will help your timing! Good luck!!!

I bought myself some fertility tea yesterday and I think I'm going to go ahead and order pre seed. Can't hurt! Also been reading about essential oils and pineapple core... so many things!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hello! I'm CD 1 today as well, cycle 5 of TTC #2.

Very very sorry to hear about your losses . Diet, exercise, and water most definitely help! My naturalpathic Dr suggested to me this morning that I drink nettle leaf tea, I guess it helps the lining of the uterus and makes it a healthier environment to promote implantation. --bonus, it'll help my allergies too!

7 years ago

Hi Tina!

Thanks for sharing! I went and bought myself some nettle leaf tea today as the 'Fertiltea' won't be in for a couple days :). It wasn't bad at all! I'm also determined to keep up on a healthy diet and regular exercise from here on out! Hopefully we can work a little 'natural' magic and get some BFPs this month!

Ok I got a peak OPK last night, I'm thinking today is the big O day!

Anyone just starting the TWW want to symptom spot with me??

I have been so dedicated this cylce, feeling very positive! I've been taking Vitex, drinking nettle leaf and red raspberry leaf tea, also a fertility mixed tea daily. I also used pressed but only 2 of the 4 times we BD'd prior to ovulation. I also have pineapple in my fridge ready to start eating tomorrow! Maybe I went a little overboard?? Oh well, can't hurt!! Better that that BFP this month!!

Fingers crossed for you!!! I just started my TWW a couple days ago as well. So far, not much feels different, except my bbs decided to swell and hurt already!! Gonna be a longgggg TWW! I also noticed I was leaking a bit of colostrum looking fluid, which is odd because I stopped nursing years ago!

Hoping you finally get your this month!! A positive attitude is a great way to make it through the TWW!! I feel pretty good this month too, I was quite hormonal leading up to ovulation but once I finally did, I woke up and felt fantastic lol

7 years ago

Hi Tina!!
Thanks for the good vibes!! I hope so much we can both be blessed with that BFP this month!!

Yes it sure is going to be a long TWW. I think they get longer every month!! I am 4-5 dpo today. Yesterday I was moody and exhausted but I think that was just the work week. I am debating about how to handle my POAS urge this month... wait it out?? Start ASAP?? Or somewhere in the middle... when do you plan to start testing?

Hello ladies,

Just thought I'd jump in! Hoping to not be a downer on nettle tea, but thought I'd just point out something.

I have a friend who is a doctor and said that you have to be really careful if you are drinking nettle tea in early pregnancy. He said it can cause miscarriage, which I thought was odd considering it is in some products marketed to aid fertility.

I found a few things on livestrong.com about nettle tea warnings in relation to pregnancy:

Stinging Nettle Warnings and Usage
Nettle tea is "contraindicated in pregnancy," says Dr. Kachko. It can alter the menstrual cycle, and may contribute to miscarriage. Dr. Kachko warns that people with heart disorders, kidney problems, or hormone-mediated cancers should use caution. "All use should be supervised and approved by a physician," he says. Various studies point to it raising blood sugar levels and others show that it lowers them, so if you are diabetic you should monitor your blood closely. He adds, "Some people can be allergic to nettles, so should start with a very low dose." Like aspirin, stinging nettle may make your blood thinner and reduce its ability to clot, reports the University of Maryland Medical Center. Some of the drugs it may interact with include blood thinners, drugs for high blood pressure, water pills, drugs for diabetes, lithium, and NSAIDs.

Another article on livestrong:

Herbal teas are often marketed for pregnant women or suggested by alternative medical practitioners as an alternative to coffee in pregnancy. Herbal teas, unlike non-herbal teas such as black or green tea, do not contain caffeine. When taken in pregnancy, herbal teas could increase the risk of miscarriage and some herbs may also cause fetal harm during labor. Do not drink herbal teas unless your medical practitioner approves.

Many herbs are common ingredients in herbal teas; some herbal teas contain a number of different herbs. Most commercially-produced herbal teas are considered safe in pregnancy, according to the American Pregnancy Association, but non-commercial teas or teas made at home may contain a harmful amount of an herb. Most herbs can be made into an herbal tea; the amount of herb in the tea depends of which part of the plant is used.

Many herbs can cause uterine contractions. Herbs associated with uterine stimulation include black cohosh, blue cohosh, chamomile, comfrey, goldenseal, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, rosemary, sage, stinging nettle leaf and yarrow. Herbs commonly used as seasonings are safe when used in food but could be harmful in large amounts in teas; common cooking herbs that cause uterine stimulation include anise, cinnamon, lavender, peppermint oil rosemary and sage.

7 years ago

Hey Lessa

Thanks for the info!

I did read that many of these herbal fertility aids should be discontinued once you find out you are pregnant. Fortunately for me, I have no other health problems so there is now worry there!
But I have been pretty lax this past week on all of the tea drinking. Wouldn't mind discussing it with my OB too.

Thanks Lissa! Very good info. I know when you finally conceive it's different, my Dr had only suggested it as an aid to get pregnant. Once I get my BFP she said I would need to go back in and discuss which teas to stop, which to continue , etc. definitely wouldn't recommend any meds while pregnant unless the dr okays it

AKJ-I am trying desperately to wait until 12 DPO to test-all the stressing out over squinting to see lines, or the chemical I experienced, I'd rather not put myself through that again!! Although my willpower isn't very strong lol and I bet I start testing at 9DPO!!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo