Community post

Discussion

More confused and becoming concerned....

So I had weird spotting at end of January. I wouldn't consider it a period BC it wasn't heavy like normal. It was there when I would wipe and that would be all. Began to think I might be pregnant BC it was the same type of bleeding I had when I got pregnant with my son. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they of course were negative. So I waited until this months AF but it hasn't showed up. I took 3 more tests of different brands and a few days apart for each and still getting negative results. Well I am now 8 days late. Yesterday I had some spotting again but it lasted about 2 hours. There wasn't much there. Just when I wipe again but lighter than last months. I thought I might finally be starting but then it stopped and today I have had spotting that i can't tell if that's what it is. Kinda looks pink but kinda not... Hard to tell if its even there but still no period. I have been reading and I have read that spotting like that with negative tests could indicate an ectopic pregnancy. Im becoming nervous about this whole thing BC im usually regular, on time, with heavy flow, heavy hard cramps, and it lasts for 4 days. With my first pregnancy I didn't get a strong healthy positive until I was around 8 weeks. I plan on taking one more HPT tomorrow and if it still says negative im going to make a doc appointment to see if they can clarify anything for me. Im hoping that I am one of the odd ones that just don't get a positive until later in the pregnancy. Im nervous they are gonna tell me its ectopic. Has anyone else had experience with ectopic? If so what symptoms did you have? Im also worried it may be cancer related. Was supposed to have another PAP done 2 years ago after they found abnormal cells but due to lack of funds and insurance at that time I never went back. Does anyone know about cervical cancer and if what I am experiencing can be symptoms of that? Im also wondering if it could be my age. Im turning 30 this year but I wouldn't think my cycles would change this drastically. I thought it would be gradual type of thing over the next few years. Has anyone had this before? Im frustrated and just need some advise please. My husband and I would love to welcome our first child together but I don't know if we should be excited or worried. ????

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I would definitely go see a doctor. I don't think it's an ectopic pregnancy, I'm no expert but that I believe would be painful. If it's just spotting

I don't believe it's cervical cancer either but with an abnormal pap I would definitely go get that checked because IF it is you want to catch it early. I friend of mine wasn't believed by her doctors when she had it and when someone finally did find the tumor she had to have the cervix and the uterus removed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're pregnant and your body just isn't making enough HCG hormones to show up on a test. Apparently that's pretty common.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo