Community post

Discussion

12mo PP still bfing trying for #2

A little bittersweet... my son is 1 year old today and we are trying for a second but my periods have not yet returned, he now nurses 1-2 times per day and 3-4 times per night as we cosleep... not ready to give that up yet so guess my chances of falling pregnant again are still pretty low. Anyone in the same boat?

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Oh my gosh! My DD just turned one two days ago! I'm also still breastfeeding her in the morning before work and at bedtime (and somewhat through the night if she wakes up).

For me, I have PCOS, so my periods were really irregular to begin with. In fact, I hadn't had AF show in 6 months when I got pregnant with DD. At the time, I figured that I wanted to starting thinking about TTC, so decided to take Provera to jumpstart my flow. AF never came and it turned out that I was pregnant!

Since her birth, I've only had AF once in Nov. Then I decided to start taking Metforming again in Jan, and got a light bleed towards the end of the month for like 2 days. I'm wanting to keep the babies kinda close in age, so I want to TTC again. Going to see the GYN tomorrow to get a blood test and maybe start on Provera again so that I can see if I'll ovulate.

Do you have any steps that you are planning on taking? I've been keeping track of CP and CM, but other than that, not much else...I do have crazy symptoms, but who knows if that's the Metformin, or something else.

I'm a little crazy, too because I test at least once a day. haha
All neg, but hey, it could still be too early for all I know. :) So we'll see...please keep me posted. I'd love to have a TTC buddy since we both are trying for #2. Baby dust to us both!

7 years ago

Ahh thank you for writing! It's encouraging to hear of other songs going through the same thing.

I keep getting encouraged thinking I'm ovulating as I've been having light cramping. I've tried to do the opk but am finding it hard to remember to do it at the same time each day, and after reading somewhere that you might not even be fertile even if you get a positive opk test I've been a little discouraged.

I work from home which is good and bad I suppose, he used to nurse every couple of hours but has recently decided to nurse once or not at all during the day and throughout the night. We are transitioning him in to his own bed as we've bedshared with him since 4 months so I've been laying with him until he gets to sleep and just need to take the plunge and move back to our room I think so he (ideally) goes longer at night without nursing. It's very conflicting, I want him to have the ability to demand feed but at the same time want this fertility to get back on track!

When I was menstrating they were pretty regular (ish - within a few days) but I had extreme menstraul cramping that caused vomiting and doubling over - fun, not really in a rush to get that back!

Would be nice to keep in touch to ride the journey with someone as I'm sure my husband only wants to hear about it once or twice a day ????

Gonna go pee on a stick. Haha

7 years ago • Post starter

I hear ya on that DH thing. And ouch on those menstrual cramps!

It's hard when the babies do sleep with you. Because I really want to get her to sleep on her own. I need to work on getting her into her own room, too. Right now, she lays with me until she falls asleep, then we move her into her crib, which is also in our room. Then she'll wake up and I'll nurse her back to sleep - a bad habit, I know - and eventually move her back into her crib when she's asleep.

For your cycles to get back on track, it sounds like you may need to talk to your GYN about getting something to kick it off. I just went yesterday and she did a blood test to confirm that I wasn't pregnant+confirm if there were any infertility issues. They didn't see any issues, so I am taking Provera to jumpstart my flow, then we'll see if I'll ovulate on my own.

I'm hoping we'll both get sticky little beans soon!
Keep me posted!

7 years ago

Hey, Saltwater! How are things going? Any good news to share? I'm currently going through some mid-cycle spotting - super annoying and keeping me from BD!

How are you?

7 years ago

Ahh hey!

Spotting SO annoying!!

I was sure something happened... I had cramps all last week and what I thought was a little spotting.. but alas, 7 days has passed since then and I tested to negative, booo.

So at this stage thinking maybe AF is on the way and my body is cramping in preparation?!

Sorry no news on your end too. Thanks for checking in, how are you going getting your girl to sleep on her own??

7 years ago • Post starter

Hello!

I would say to keep testing...you're not out until the arrives!

So I finally stopped spotting, even when wiping, yay! And now I am high, semi-soft, and closed, with thick creamy CM and random globs of stringy mucous (like a thick snot - sorry TMI). So maybe I'm just on my way to waiting on AF as well...? The thick creamy CM sounds infertile to me.

I hate the idea of being finished with wearing liners just to have to move on to pads so soon.

I don't know what it is, but I sometimes feel a fullness in my uterus, and I've been getting a tingly feeling, like I'm about to get on a roller coaster and feeling anxious. Hormones, most likely.

My DD is still somewhat sleeping with me. She seems to do better when my DH puts her to bed, so we may go that route instead.

Keep me posted on how you're doing! It's great to have a buddy in the same place.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo