Community post

Discussion

ovulated 5days before period was due now periods 10days late

hey everyone i'm new (first post). i came off contraception pill 17 days ago and had ewcm 2 days later. i'm not tracking ovulation and at this point, i did not know that it is in fact a sign of ovulation. so didn't actually think anything of it, but there was a lot. had unprotected sex that night and the next day i had spotting i only had it on the toilet and it was pink not red like AF and only happened the once it was gone by my next toilet visit. i remember thinking my AF had came 5 days early so tried to insert a tampon but i couldn't get it in! i was swelled up inside. the next day i was bloated not in my stomach but between my pubic bone and belly button, was so swollen. from that day onward i had really bad cramps. this was unusual as i don't normally get cramps with my period and my period never actually came (still hasn't). along with the cramps i had extreme thirst, popping feelings, flushes, head aches, worse fatigue i have ever had and just generally felt like i was falling apart i thought to myself i feel pregnant but than convinced myself impossible as at this point it was only 5 days off the pill i hadn't had time to create an egg but than what about the ewcm two days after coming off it? i was confused. so the day of my expected period came (5days after the ewcm) and the cramping stopped but my period never came. its now 10 day late. i took a pregnancy test yesterday it is negative. last night i got something new again, it was a pinching/pulling feeling half way between my pubic bone and belly button it would last all of 20 seconds than ease off again this happened 3 times and than my breasts started hurting. the same pulling feeling i got when my milk was refilling while breast feeding my son. i guess my question is, is this my hormones bouncing back or is this early singes of pregnancy? and is it even possible to become pregnant that early off the pill? with my son i did not find out i was pregnant until 10 weeks and didn't get any signs. i found out with him while getting a blood test for something totally unrelated so i'm super confused and any opinions or advise on whats going on would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

anyone? im 14-15 dpo now and getting itchy nipples. still no period, was due to arrive 11days ago and no sign of it showing up in fact i've got ew like cm again today but not as slippery. preg test this morning was negative. has anyone had pregnancy symptoms from coming off BC? or is this the real deal.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo