Community post

Discussion

First time actively trying

My boyfriend and I have been together for over three years now. We have never used any birth control besides the times when I was on it twice but stopped taking it due to extreme emotional symptoms. I would get really depressed and want to die; was on an extreme emotional roller coaster. I realized that I never gotten pregnant when I wasn't on birth control so I decided I was wasting my time and did away with it completely. It's been over a year since I have gotten my Implanon removed and we have been having unprotected sex ever since then. I have kind of avoiding sex around my ovulation phase but very close to it and sometimes on my fertile days, never gotten pregnant but like I said, we weren't actively trying.

We decided to start actually trying. I got the Clear Blue ovulation predictor kit. Today 01/08/15 I'm on cycle day 12. My cycles average about 32-34 days. My gynecologist says nothing is wrong with me and I definitely ovulate but I'm not really sure when (maybe cycle day 16ish) hence buying the predictor kit. I tested today and yesterday, no smiley face . I'm sure it's because I'm about less than a week from my fertile period but I want to test every day just to make sure (got a 2 month supply).

What I really want to know is what positions really work with conceiving. My DH is kind of lacking in size (I don't care the sex is great!!) so what kind of positions hit the cervix more and in a deeper way and what should I do to keep the sperm in? I love to drink tea, are there any kind of kinds you could recommend for a fertility boost? We are trying this cycle. I've been trying to keep my stress levels down even though my dad passed a few weeks ago, which stressed me out so much my last period was 6 days late. I'm not expecting to conceive right away but I can't help thinking about it. I will keep updated about when I get a smiley on my test and when we bd, and also about symptoms by dpo (if amy!) Wish me luck! This is the only thing I'm looking forward to!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hey there. Im new to this site n also trying for our first. Been together bout 3 years and no luck. Some advice i think may help is to not stress over it. I would say me n my bf have that unexplained infertility. We said by his 30th bday or we give up n im hoping to have a positive since im 3dpo n the big day is exactly 2 wks away. Good luck to u ...
also, to answer ur question about tea id say it may make a difference to not drink it at all. Ive been finding that the natural toxins in most common teas r harmful. Its a diueretic bcuz of the effects on the body r poisonous. Idk about all the scientific pros n cons to drinking diff types but i know that darker teas r not digested easily if at all. Becoming pregnant may not be affected by iced tea im pretty sure but id wanna know what properties it has such as caffeine n nutritional value. I definitely like tea but as far as health i find it better to drink water or juice.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo