Community post

Discussion

surgery and conceiving

I know this is a weird question but i am due to ovulate on Jan. 15 but I am have a d and c, hysteroscopy and lyneroscopy ( spelling?? ) on the 15th also. I was wondering if there was still any chance that my egg could get fertilized and implant even with having those three things done? I lost my angel baby in Oct. and really want to get to trying again but found out that I have a problem carrying a child. After surgery that should all be fixed hopefully. I'm only 22 and very health so I've got that going for me.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi there,

I would say that it would be very unlikely that you would get pregnant after surgeries like this... even if you were to be ovulating on the date of your surgery it would be a miracle if you got conceived.

I think you need to realise what your body will be going through is huge!! It may take at least a cycle for it to come back to normal again. Try not to get your hopes up as it is important that you recover properly before getting pregnant again.

I lost our baby and had a d&c on 3rd December. I am 31 years old. 5 weeks down the track I am 1 cycle after d&c and just starting to come right now physically! Everyone is different but it is important to heal properly before even thinking about conceiving with another baby ;-)

You are young, you have a lot of time on your side... enjoy life and you will get pregnant when the time is right! ;-) All the best to you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo