Community post

Discussion

Benadryl ....who would of known lol

Natural Conception After Failed IVF
I hope my personal experience might be relevant to many of you out there. After years of fruitless infertility treatment, including IVF, subsequent embryo transfers, clomid cycles, and heparin therapy, I have recently achieved a natural pregnancy taking only Benadryl, the antihistamine, for 6 days during the implantation window (the 3-4 period occuring about 6 days after ovulation) in my cycle.

I am a forty-one year old woman who has been on a fertility journey with my husband for six years. It is important that you know, I was never determined to have any hormonal deficiencies and I do ovulate regularly. My husband's profile was absolutely clean. I went through 3 clomid cycles yielding at least 4 follicles greater than 16mm. I completed an IVF cycle with yielding 12 top grade embryos that made it to Day 6. We used all of the embryos in the fresh cycle and subsequent frozen embryos transfers. After each embryo transfer, I felt a burning irritation for several days following the embryo transfer. I was ultimately told that I had unexplained infertility due to implantation issues. I do have a three year old daughter that I conceived naturally during the cycle immediately following a laparoscopy which determined that I "possibly" have mild endometriosis. The doctors said the surgery would have no bearing on my fertility, that it was a coincidence that I got pregnant. Following a second laparoscopy, four years later I did not achieve the same result. This led me to believe that something in the inflammation and healing process had triggered my fertility. I spent years reading white papers to understand what happened, though I am not a medical doctor. This was an arduous process, to say the least, but I was not going to give up. I learned that the uterine lining is flush with histamines and also found recent research had indicated histamines play a role in the chemotaxis(direction) of white blood cells. So, after surgery when my immune system was compromised, my white blood cells were also quieter. I came to realize that by taking an antihistamine I might again be able to “quiet” my uterine lining enough for the fertilized egg to implant, maybe that burning wouldn't happen, maybe the white blood cells wouldn't prevent the implantation of the embryo, like after the surgery. I took the Benadryl 3 times daily beginning 4 days after a positive reading on an ovulation kit, during what should have been the implantation window. I took the medication for 6 days. It worked. I conceived! I am 16 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.

I did pass this information on to my reproductive endocrinologist’s office and several research physicians. If tested, understood, and proven, the information could benefit millions of families. However, I know the medical research process is lengthy and the process could take years, many years. In the mean time, many families could miss their window of opportunity. I can't say that this could work for anyone else, but unless you are allergic to antihistamines, all you have to lose is $8 for a box of medicine. If you have success, I would be so happy to see your story posted here as the subject is very near and dear to my heart.

Please feel free to reply if I you would like me to provide you with any further information. I am not some freak or mean-spirited person pulling a mean practical joke. I'm just another woman who has been down this painful road and prays that some of you may benefit from this information.

God bless all of you and best of good luck with your journey.
Treating Multiple Myeloma
www.multiple-myeloma-rxinfo.com
Treatment Plan Information For A Treatment For Your Relapsed MM.

Read more: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/infertility/527712-natural-conception-after-failed-ivf.html#ixzz4YPV37MO5

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Thank you for the info. I am 39, I had a chemical pregnancy back in July and from dpo4-10 I had burning cramps, I thought it was implantation. I knew I was pregnant that time from the very beginning. I am currently on my 2nd iui, 11dpiui. I took Femara and a trigger shot this time. If I don't get pregnant this month I will give the Benadryl a try, can't hurt. Thank you

7 years ago

How did you stay awake? Benadryl knocks we OUT!!! Is there a different kind that is non drowsy?

7 years ago

That is so interesting, because I just turned 41, and just gound out I am pregnant, on our first try in 2 years and I've been on Benedryl for over a week, since 2dpo to 9dpo, and have worried about that today... but maybe it actually helped!

7 years ago

I copied this so it will help others

6 years ago • Post starter

Here is the link

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/infertility/527712-natural-conception-after-failed-ivf.html

6 years ago • Post starter

Your words made me cry! I'm so happy for you, my congratulations! I think everyone who is going through infertility struggles need to hear these words. We are currently in our surrogacy journey. It took us 8 years to make this step and we are so excited now. All the time I imagine that day I will hold my baby and I can't hold back my tears. I can't wait to bring my baby home and to start our life as a real family. I wish everyone don't give up and go straight to your goal!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo