Community post

Discussion

drink til it's pink or sober til it's over ?

Hi ladies,

I want your honest opinions... will you have drinks or not during your TWW?

absolutely no judgement either way. I just want honest thoughts.

xX

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I definitely do. I'm not getting drunk, but I have a glass of wine in the evening most nights.

7 years ago

I have never heard that saying but it's pretty cute!

I used to not drink. Then I was out with a friend during my TWW a few months ago and she told me about her journey to conceive. She said one or two drinks couldn't do anything and the stress and worry and "what if" I kept putting myself through was doing way more harm than one margarita could. So now, If I'm out and I really WANT a drink during my TWW, I will for sanity's sake. The last month or two of TCC have been all about (attempting) to alleviate stress and not obsess over every little symptom or thought or whatever. So a glass of wine to ease my mind and have fun while I wait, I think is a-okay.

7 years ago

From what I have read once implantation occurs its best to not to. I try to not drink 5dpo. I've read its best to quit while ttc as well. Everything in moderation I suppose ????

7 years ago

I do drink while in TWW. I am not a big drinker and rarely drink at all but it seems alchohal goes down easier when I am pregnant (but don't know because of TWW) .

With my first I actually got Drunk (ladies night hang out in a hot tub no less) literally 3 days before I tested and got my BFP (tested 1 full day after AF was due). I had THE WORST hangover the next day and actually puked multiple times which for me was WEIRD as I never got hangovers after a night of drinking. It was not MS either as I never had it the whole pregnancy. My son is now 8 months old and has no health or intellectual issues thus far.

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and during this TWW I found myself having a beer here and there the whole TWW. Which after having my Son alchohal has not appealed to me taste or stomach wise(stomach ache usually after 1). So I think subcontiously that's what made me test even before AF was due.

After I got my BFP's I stopped drinking completely!

I feel like if you give up alchohal you may as well give up smoking, soft cheeses, processed meats, medications, caffeine and any other "harmful" thing that's listed in your TWW all for a "what if".

User Image

7 years ago

I think it's all about moderation I'm sure I heard that a glass of wine every so often is good for you but binge drinking is very dangerous so it is all about moderation and not just for conceiving but for your health in general good luck to everyone and baby dust to all

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo