Community post

Discussion

Getting a HSG

Hello!
On Wednesday I'll be going in for my HSG (AKA Dye test or Hysterosalpingogram). I'm nervous as I've never had one before but I've heard good and bad things about getting them. Some women say horrible awful pain, crying... some have said they didn't feel a thing but I've found most think it's just uncomfortable. I'm hoping that's the case for me!

I've also heard good things about being super fertile for 3 months afterward and have seen a good portion if not most ending in pregnancy afterward (most within the same month!!)

I was wondering if anyone has gone through this yet or have had one in the past with positive results? Was it painful for you? Did it result in pregnancy? Any information is greatly appreciated.

If you'll be having one or just want to chat about it that's cool too! Good luck and baby dust!

Lily 5 years Hayden 4 years Trying for Baby #3!!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

How did it work out for you? I had mine a couple weeks ago and had put it off based on the negative comments I had read. I would personally put it past "uncomfortable" but it wasn't horrendous either. They said my left tube looked blocked at the opening from the uterus but after much research I believe it very possibly just clamped closed from the cramping. I had my daughter one the first try and have had no complications that would cause a blocked tube. I now have PCOS and what are the chances that my ovaries would fail and a tube shut off at the same time? :-) I know its possible but I also know from research how unreliable an HSG can be if blockage is shown at this particular spot. Will have to see if it increases fertility. Can only help on the one side since the dye didn't "flush out" the other tube. Hope you're preg now!!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo