Community post

Discussion

The Two Week Wait Begins

View Full Post

I promised myself that this time around, I will be very patient. I even promised myself that I would not test until 3 days after AF due. I also told myself that I would not get my hopes up. Yet here I am--- just 1DPO (I think) and VERY HOPEFUL. I don't want to be disappointed. How are you doing in you TWW?

85 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 85 Replies | Last Page

@jmvd208: how have you been?

I was really nauseous the mornings of 8 and 9 DPO. Nausea gradually subsided as the day went on. Had some cramping today (10 DPO). I really feel like AF is on her way (due Thursday). Trying to keep my hopes up.

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm doing good, no real symptoms these past couple days. I am only 6DPO though, so maybe this week some will show up. I did wake up this morning with a sore throat and some congestion, my sister said she got a cold in the very beginning of all 3 of her pregnancies, so maybe that's a symptom? Or I'm just symptom spotting again and I'm really just getting a cold, haha!

I will keep sending positive vibes your way! You're in the home stretch now of the 2WW. Maybe what you were feeling were implantation cramps? Do you usually get nausea when AF is approaching?

7 years ago

I don't usually get nausea as it approaches although I did with my December cycle. Every few months my AF symptoms changes! So ill have headaches for a few cycles... Then backache for a few cycles etc. So it's really hard to tell. Nausea very well might just be my new thing. I had cramps and then pinching sort of around my hip but slightly lower so I rushed to the bathroom hoping to see spotting. And nothing lol. I should be really busy these next three days so hopefully that keeps me sane.

Hi guys - I might jump on. I'm 4 DPO. 3rd cycle TTC so fingers crossed. I'm a terrible symptom spotter. I'm trying to be more calm and distract myself this time. I had a CP during our 1st cycle and I believe my stress levels had a substantial impact that time so I'm trying to remain calm. I will probably start testing from 7dpo. I'm hoping to IB as I had that on my 1st. My symptoms recently changed too @janmommy. I used to only get back ache but then now boobs are tingly just before AF and in the TWW. So I'm a little skeptical about those symptoms. I'm watching out for increasing temps, IB dip, increasing heart rate (as something different to other cycles), increased CM (as I usually dry up). I've had twinges, stabbing ov pains etc over the last 5 cycles and I have had BFP and BFN's so for me relying on them doesn't work. I've also woken with stuffy nose and scratchy throat the last 2 mornings. Although last month I was convinced I would get a BFP as I had chills, aching muscles and it turns out I had a bug. Typical. I'm gld work is busy and valentines tomorrow to get me to at least 6 dpo and then it's the home stretch. I hope someone here gets an IB - that would eb lovely for you.

7 years ago

@longedfor: welcome and good luck! Sorry about the chemical pregnancy. That's partly why I am so afraid to test early. I plan on testing three days after my hopefully missed AF but not sure I can hold out. I might very well test on Wednesday (day before AF due). I definitely won't test tomorrow (Valentines Day) because I don't want to see a BFN and ruin Valentines Day!

Which DPO did you get IB?

@longedfor, welcome! I am terrible with symptom spotting too! Although I haven't really had anything that makes sense. December before I miscarried I spotted almost every day from 4DPO until miscarrying, so I figured that wasn't a good sign. So I'm hoping my zero spotting this cycle is a good sign. I have had terrible back pain today! I do occasionally get lower back pain, but this seems different.

@janmommy, you're so close! I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out testing, I've been sitting here looking at the PT gallery and I know I shouldn't test early but it's so hard!

7 years ago

Hi guys

@Janmommy I had IB at 9dpo the last time. I had thought it was early period spotting but got BFP 2 days later. I had a lot of problems during my last pregnancy and ended up giving birth at 33 weeks but have a healthy little lad who is 2 now thank God.

I am temping for the 1st time and a bit bummed today. My temp had shot up 1-3dpo but then big drop 4 dpo and another drop today at 5 dpo. Obviously to early for IB Dip. It's not quite at the cover line but just a tiny bit above it. I don't feel brilliant today -and now I feel a bit out and that there is prob no chance.

Anyone have anything positive to report? It's terrible to wish an end to today so I can see what happens with my temp tomorrow...you can feel like you're wishing your life away. Chart added below if anyone has any input

User Image

7 years ago

So I had a very little bit of pink spotting with a little bit of tissue this morning, 8DPO. I don't want to get my hopes up for IB, but the timing at least seems right. @longedfor, when you had IB did you have any tissue?

7 years ago

@jmvd208 now what do you mean by tissue? So 1st ib i had what i would have described as stringy stretchy cm tinged with blood. So it wasnt just blood. Now i have read and read and read about ib and it can present in many ways. Like literally a little spot or a good bit more. At 8dpo any sort of spotting like you describe is a good sign unless your af is due in 2 days. If your af is more than 2 days away this could be amazing. I am dying ti know. 2 more days til you can test basically

I am symptomless.but dying to know what my temp will.be tomorrow

Any news anyone else?

7 years ago

@longedfor: sorry I can't help with your chart. I've never temped and don't quite understand it. But continue to be hopful! Admittedly I feel odd saying that because I too have been feeling out but we just have to encourage each other.

@ jmvd208- has the spotting continued?

On my part, my symptons have all but disappeared. No nausea, fatigue, tender breasts. All gone. I've just been having cramps which signals AF's soon arrival.

I've been on a roller coaster re whether to test. I was going to give in and do so tomorrow (day before AF is due) until I used a calculator which shows that if I had implantation on Sunday (I'm hoping that's what the pinching was) then tomorrow would be early for HCG to have built up.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo