Community post

Discussion

How to manage the roller coaster of TTC

We have been trying to conceive for a year. Each month has been a rollercoaster of hope and dissapointment. Through this i have struggled to not get down about it and have been wanting to channel my all my emotions into something. So i have started knitting a blanket for what i hope one day will be for a baby, ive found this to help what do you do to help cope with struggling to conceive?

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I have been ttc for 19 months now. I totally understand the emotional rollercoaster! I have had 3 close friends and my younger sister all have babies since my husband and I started trying. The worst part is when they start saying that they are about to try for a second and I cant even get pregnant once.

I have a huge craft room and I was a quilting maniac for a while. That helped a lot in the beginning because like you said it was nice to do something to prepare for a new baby. Unfortunately it turned on me and I cant even think of making another baby thing because it just reminds me of how long it is taking. I have a spare room upstairs just waiting to be a nursery with all of the crocheted blankets and quilts that I have made.

But on a good note, now I bake... like A LOT! I feel like I make a different baked good every day! It is something that doesn't make me think of a baby and it gets my mind off of life! I also try to cook nice dinners for my husband and I but I'm not that good at cooking . Much better at baking!

I try to stay positive and tell myself that it will happen someday and some days are harder than others! We just have to keep our heads up and do whatever makes you feel better

User Image

7 years ago

AKHopeful,
I totally get it, everyone around me seems to get pregnant without trying or wanting it. My partner and i have decided to try hard with lots of BDing, tracking my temps and using pre seed etc until august. If we dont have a bfp by then we will get more tests. Ive already had a blood test to confirm ovulation and am going to get an ultrasound to check for pcos. Have u had any tests done yet?

7 years ago • Post starter

Yes. at my 1 year mark in April I had the blood test done and when I went in for the ultrasound they found a tennis ball sized tumor on my right ovary so in May I had that removed. After that I promised my husband that I wouldn't get sad or cry until next May... so I am trying to reset in my head! If we haven't succeeded by May then the next step is to have a sperm analysis but he is not too excited about that.
I use to chart my temp and CM before the surgery and everything looked great time wise. I bought the fancy thermometer with a 90 day memory and an alarm clock so that you wake up at the exact same time every day. I have used about 8 tubes of pre-seed. I have used both the diva cup and the disposable softcups to keep the sperm inside for longer... I have a medicine cabinet that would probably put a pharmacy out of business with vitamins. Oh and I have a large collection of essential oils that I have used both in regular baths and massage along with diffusing at my desk at work.
We bought a new house last month though and I am trying to just put all of that aside and just be ourselves for a while and not think about all of the tips and tricks. My last thought is to do what all of the ANNOYING people keep saying "just stop trying"

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo