Community post

Discussion

Have any of you gotten pregnant with donor eggs?

Hi all. First off I apologize because I am not 40+, but rather 27, however my doctor has told me I am now following protocol for an older age range so I am hoping to get some advice from some of you who may have taken this route.

I'm in a rough emotional state today. We found out in October that my tubes are blocked and we couldn't get pregnant naturally, so we started the IVF route. We put a lot of time, money, and hope into this and on Monday I had my retrieval. Because of my age they were expecting lots of eggs..unfortunately they only got 4 mature and all of them had quality problems and wouldn't fertilize with ICSI.

My doctor has told me if we try IVF again we would likely get the same results because of the quality of my eggs, amongst other problems. He said the only way they could ensure an embryo for transfer is by using donor eggs.

My husband and I went into this 100% wanting our own biological child..and now hearing that can't happen for me, I'm not sure what to do. I'm scared if I go with donor eggs, I will lose the "me" part of the child and it will never feel like my own outside of carrying it for pregnancy.

Have any of you gotten pregnant with donor eggs? Had the child? Any insight or thoughts on it are greatly appreciated..this is a major decision and not something I ever thought I would have to deal with. I used to think if it couldn't be our own biological child we would give up...but we both want a baby so desperately and this is now our only way..so I'm having to question a lot of my previous thoughts.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I am sorry you are going through this. I do not have any advice for you which comes from personal experience. I also have never been pregnant so I do not know first hand what it feels like to be a mother. What I think though is that a large part of being a mother is just the love for the child. And I feel like you can have a similar connection whether you go the route of donor eggs or adoption. Hopefully someone with personal experience will respond.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo